the untold problem 2008 09 polaris 800 eng failures

Mag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A friend of my dad's completely disinigrated his 800 dragon at 66 miles (nothing left of the engine at all), also another guy I know rented an 800 dragon and blew it up 2nd day on the hill, it had 600 miles, and two of my buddies just came back from Montana 2 days early because they both blew their 800's up back to back days, whew, what a fantastic sled. To still buy polaris junk after that you'd have to be on dope.:d

My uncle's cousin's third wife's sister new a guy that had a skidoo that would only run in reverse. Weird thing is it'd go forward if my grandpa's lesbian hermaphrodite twin was on his or her's (depending on the star's) yamacat eating chicken......go figure! ;)

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My uncle's cousin's third wife's sister new a guy that had a skidoo that would only run in reverse. Weird thing is it'd go forward if my grandpa's lesbian hermaphrodite twin was on his or her's (depending on the star's) yamacat eating chicken......go figure! ;)

Ya thats it buddy, keep up the good work. Is there that few people up there in Alaska that you are that inbread or is it that your family's favorite bread is inbread? F***in Douchebag

Mag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya thats it buddy, keep up the good work. Is there that few people up there in Alaska that you are that inbread or is it that your family's favorite bread is inbread? F***in Douchebag

Poor little fella, i was just funnin with ya! I apologize if I hurt your feeling's. :p

DUSTINSPELLMAN

Reaction score
i got a ton of miles on mine and nothing liek anyone says....everysled is the same lets start it and pin it...BOOOOOOOMM...smart guys

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Allways warmed sled to 100 degrees atleast,popped mag side so bad had to put in a shortblock assembly.Go figure!!!

bigdawg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why don't you guys sled them you have done nothing but pizz and mown all season about the polaris..........I have 1200 mls on mine and not one issue and lots of other peeps i know same thing no issues.......you let them warm up 115 C and don't hold the trottle at 63-6700 RPMs for 10 miles......just ride the damn thing.

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not pissing and moaning,shortblock has 600 miles and no problems.great sled love riding it!!!

bigdawg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know what the problem was to.....I have a freind in the states (polaris) and well i have no issues............And i have told a few peeps but thats it. and none of them have had any issues....Just gota know how to run and operate a sled......

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
maybe one day polaris will let everyone know all their little secrets.

bigdawg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its really simple...........and when you Turbo them Problem solved...........go figure...........

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
turbo would be nice but cant afford guess i will have to wait for the fix like everyone else.

yoggibear

Reaction score
does anyone let there sleds warm up anymore
at least 30% of the 800 polaris had the prob not from not warming them up polaris is saying it is a injection prob but i know mine was also to lean i hope they find the exact prob the bill for my eng was 2800.00 i had warranty ty

KTEAM MAN

Reaction score
HEY i was just talking to a guy today that was at the calgary dealer and they say they is a new cylinder head and piston coming under warrantty in the next couple of weeks.you should get your guy to look into it!.

Mikew5j

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i hope they get this out before oct. or im screwed lol. i dont pay for extra warrenty

Don’t worry. Polaris is extending the engine warranty on all 08 and 09 800 CFI engines until the end of next season. All 08 and 09 sleds will get the update under warranty.
untitled 1.jpg
untitled 2.jpg

Top Bottom