The 'quicker' clicker adjuster!

jbrow

Reaction score
Decided to build a wrench today to ajust my clickers a little faster. The wrench bairly fits in the oem spot. It would fit a little nicer if you used the 10 mm wrench and welded the 13 mm open end to it. I liked the look of the 13 mm better and it gave me a little more material to work with so I used it. I'm going to keep the stock wrench in its spot and keep the new one in the glove box to prevent the taps from wearing out. They are all ready showing some signs of fatigue. It cost me 25 bucks for the pair of wrenches from norther metallic with our company discount. You could probably find cheaper wrenches elsewhere but I was looking for something that was going to look nice too. I'm certain I'm not the first person to build something like this but thought someone would find this useful.

John

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

freeride73

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got the same setup but I moved all my tooled to the glovebox. Spent 1 hr trying to find my multi tool for shocks and secondary clutch as it fell out into my motor compartment. I would also throw in a torques wrench so you can remove panels. I can change my clicked quicker then my friend can with quick clickers!

jbrow

Reaction score
Good idea. I can definitely see a torques coming in handy in the field. The wrenches actually only cost about 13 bucks for the pair.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

greenthumb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought a cheapo princess auto 10mm ratcheting box end and hand filed the the open end to 13mm. Works great.
It wedges perfectly between the headlight boot and the side of the glovebox.
The open end is also useful for iced up sway bar disconnects.

vpfuelman

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
I just use the quick clicker on my clutch . I got them at Specialty Motorsports in Spruce Grove . No more 10 minute wrenching to change my clickers its like 9 seconds now clickers3.265205515_std.jpg

greenthumb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
While quick clickers are great in theory, you often still need a wrench to rotate the actual bolt, which pretty much negates their purpose. Your pic even shows this. Ironically my friends usually end up waiting for me to finish so they can use my wrench.
I have also personally seen quick clickers change the setting by themselves and break the bolt due to a blown belt.

• Recommends
Reactions: Dmf

BeachSled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think these ones are bitchin' lol
Easy to turn and no tools needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think these ones are bitchin' lol
Easy to turn and no tools needed.

I have heard horror stories of those coming apart and putting holes in hoods. I have the same and have had no issue's though. Seems a moot point for me though as I will have to make a choice on my new sled. Neighbour with a tiger torch.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
While quick clickers are great in theory, you often still need a wrench to rotate the actual bolt, which pretty much negates their purpose. Your pic even shows this. Ironically my friends usually end up waiting for me to finish so they can use my wrench.
I have also personally seen quick clickers change the setting by themselves and break the bolt due to a blown belt.

If requiring wrench to move ramps I would loosen up the bolts that clamp the ramp pin in.
If switching on themselves I think you need to readjust the set screw on the quick clicker it self. Screw the QC down some more so it just clears for adjustment .
I like the motts QC

iceman5689

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I still don't see the need for quick clickers, does it really take that long to back off 3 nuts and spin them?? Good for one beer and belt inspection while you are there. Cant say I've ever taken mine off 3 anyways, only when I installed my rooster clutch to play around with rpm's.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I still don't see the need for quick clickers, does it really take that long to back off 3 nuts and spin them?? Good for one beer and belt inspection while you are there. Cant say I've ever taken mine off 3 anyways, only when I installed my rooster clutch to play around with rpm's.

Agree but when easy and have a lot of trail to run in and out it makes a big difference in fuel running in #1 rather than #3 IMO
Cheers

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Agree but when easy and have a lot of trail to run in and out it makes a big difference in fuel running in #1 rather than #3 IMO
Cheers
100% right, make 30 plus km more to a tank

Which can be a good extra hour of epic pow riding before out of gas
Pretty sure i'm not worried about fuel saving offset by the cost of $60 to install them.
As above, the extra riding on a blue bird day with epic snow, is worth every penny

So u should be

iceman5689

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lol
If you where close I would install for nothing for the time it takes .
Happy sledding
Just saying I think its a waste of money for its purpose. Never had an issue with running out of fuel carrying a mountain addition jug. I can only remember one occurrence when I had to head right down and fill up with the 140litre slip tank built into the trailer.

greenthumb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If requiring wrench to move ramps I would loosen up the bolts that clamp the ramp pin in.
If switching on themselves I think you need to readjust the set screw on the quick clicker it self. Screw the QC down some more so it just clears for adjustment .

Thanks. Ill pass that info along to my friends.
I don't have anything against clickers, but I don't use them or have any desire to. A solution to a problem that doesn't exist IMO.

.....have a lot of trail to run in and out it makes a big difference in fuel running in #1 rather than #3 IMO
Cheers

Agreed.
Also, when fuel consumption is a non issue, changing to simply lower your engine speed is worthwhile to me.
When cruising on trail, I find a 20kph+ difference for the same engine speed between clicker 1 and 4. To each their own.

Top Bottom