The Norn's/Nancy Green Conditions (Dec 1st to Dec 6th)

shiznitt100

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lady bird cabin shows just over 6 feet on the flag pole-last few days another 6-8inches of freshies fell. both areas are starting to fill in. I am going up tonight for a full moon ride-will see how much damage we do. post reports later

schwindt

Reaction score
Ok I have been searching google earth nightly for the past like 2 weeks trying to find the easiest way to hit up the Airy/Bullwinkle area through ladybird, so where you come to the open area near the end of ladybird do you climb between there and stay on the ridge, or head up from the ladybird cabin then in? Can you get there from the goose creek area? Basically whats the shortest way to hit that area? Tried getting there the last time we were out but couldn't climb out of the open area without getting stuck, was like 5 ft bottomless snow. PS have a turbo now as well

schwindt

Reaction score
lady bird cabin shows just over 6 feet on the flag pole-last few days another 6-8inches of freshies fell. both areas are starting to fill in. I am going up tonight for a full moon ride-will see how much damage we do. post reports later

How was the ride man?

kootenaycat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure what the conditions are now but not the best bet to head into Russel when avy risk is high.

dschwindt

Reaction score
That M8 got a turbo now HA nice.

Ok I have been searching google earth nightly for the past like 2 weeks trying to find the easiest way to hit up the Airy/Bullwinkle area through ladybird, so where you come to the open area near the end of ladybird do you climb between there and stay on the ridge, or head up from the ladybird cabin then in? Can you get there from the goose creek area? Basically whats the shortest way to hit that area? Tried getting there the last time we were out but couldn't climb out of the open area without getting stuck, was like 5 ft bottomless snow. PS have a turbo now as well

schwindt

Reaction score
Yeah I finally caved in and installed a Boondocker kit last week.
hahah Nice Beattie was like Des is going to have a hard time keeping up with the boosted sleds, no word of a lie I was like don't worry about him bet you he will have one on his sled the next time we see em. Right on at least we have a few in the group now.

shiznitt100

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lots of stuff is comming down so be carefull.. ladybird trail had 36cm of new snow on tuesday night. at the house i woke up to another 4 inches. and still dumping. There will be a foot and half to 2 feet of freshies up top. But lots of avys

powderpilot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

There's three ways in from Ladybird that I know of. None of them would be safe to travel until the snowpack settles out. One route is a sidehill accross a huge runout zone. You can drop down Camp Five, or go up and over Airy (which is the way I think you are talking about). That slope above the lake that you have to climb up from Bulwinkle to Airy is prone to slides FYI. Once you get to the top, you drop down a waterfall, that is kind of bouldery, also a big slide path into the trees. You can see the damage from past slides once you get to the bottom of the drop-in.

I'd suggest going with someone who knows how to get in there, and has avalanche training, or wait until spring when it's more set up. Just my :twocents:

schwindt

Reaction score
Thanks guys, glad to hear there is some fresh......I will not be crushing any avy terrain with the conditions the way they are......just head to the Norns for the first few days hang out there. See ya guys out there maybe!

Top Bottom