The new mail thread.

Snowdin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As stated in the first thread, it seems Canada Customs are delaying parcels for up to 5 weeks. I finally got mine yesterday but it took 18 days and it was sent by air mail. What's up with that?:mad:

W

woodies

i hear you! i drive 1.5 hours round trip across the border for any parts orders to a little town where i rent a box, and the lady at the bank signs for ups shipments. mostly overnight and in my hands, plus no boggus charges for clearing houses.

RETODD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.valemountvacationrental.com
As stated in the first thread, it seems Canada Customs are delaying parcels for up to 5 weeks. I finally got mine yesterday but it took 18 days and it was sent by air mail. What's up with that?:mad:

I ordered a GoPro Camera a couple of weeks ago off eBay from a seller in the US, it was shipped after I paid for it and only took 6 days to be delivered to Edmonton. No delay at all...I get stuff shipped from Hong Kong often...no delay at all.

What you get shipped?

Snowdin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ordered a GoPro Camera a couple of weeks ago off eBay from a seller in the US, it was shipped after I paid for it and only took 6 days to be delivered to Edmonton. No delay at all...I get stuff shipped from Hong Kong often...no delay at all.

What you get shipped?

I bought some PC games from Amazon US. One game was $17.99. The same game at Amazon CA was $52.01. Where the hell does all that money go? Canadian Government?

Anyway I got them shippped to my Sister in-law in Texas and she put them in a small box and sent them USPS and labeld them "Computer games, Gift". Took 18 days from her place AND Canadian Custums charged me $7.41 for GST and $5.00 handling fee. It was a gift. Sheesh.

I asked here on day 17 to look into tracking the package. She did some research on the net with the package number and was told that the Canadian Custums office in Vancouver could be delaying stuff for up to 5 weeks.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
3 1/2 weeks for parts from a shop out of North Dakota. I have been ordering parts out of the US for years and NEVER have I seen such delays at customs. What's up with that!!??

Top Bottom