The New Cmx sled is awsome

tstams

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.crashheadz.com
It wieghts around 415 pounds dry with a 163 2.5 inch track, it has a long stroke kit in the motor with a head pipe and can.

Iceman56

Reaction score
Pretty cool sleds!.... Just always thought CMX's stuff was a bit over priced but they seem to get more then enough business so I guess you can't blame them... I think you could have a mod shop like Boost-It or VOHK build you a polaris from the ground up for about 5-10 grand less that would destroy these sleds.

Preferences

§
-
=
Backspace

Tab
q
w
e
r
t
y
u
i
o
p
[
]

Return

capslock
a
s
d
f
g
h
j
k
l
;
'
\

shift
`
z
x
c
v
b
n
m
/
shift

English

Deutsch

Español

Français

Italiano

Português

Русский

alt

alt

Preferences

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Custom up all they want. That thing is all Polaris... even if they copied parts and built them. Lol

Actually they didnt copy the parts and build them out of a different material, they changed a lot of the geometry in the meantime. Even things like the fuel mapping is all custom and proprietary to CMX. I looked at them quite extensively before I bought my latest sled (not a CMX) and they made significant changes to the rake/castor and spindle locations in the process. The front end changes helped make the sled handle far better than stock, also affecting transfer etc etc. Probably why tstams is now realizing how well these sleds work. The rear end is built, the front end is built. Sure its based on a stock design, great logic IMO, as it allows the buyer to replace stock parts where possible with stock parts. Something like the Redline or the Fast Blade, you had to buy replacement parts that were non-stock, and not mass produced, so a yr later you might be SOL. in 5 yrs you will still be able to buy some of the parts and plastics, ski saddles etc for the CMX sled, direct from Polaris. Even if CMX tanked and you wrecked a front end, you could still buy the stock pieces, bolt them on and have a working sled. Pricing is on par with what one of these sleds weighs and the work that goes in to the R&D for a limited production. Hopefully they addressed the drive shaft issue, other than that, I'm sure its an awesome sled.

My personal opinion - they need to hire a designer to "sexy" it up a little, didnt like the looks of the old one, don't like the looks of the new one...just one mans opinion. :D

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the turbo versions $35,000. you can customize it however you want. if you wanted it full powder coat you can just will be extra.

Im surprised they still do so much polished aluminum, im sure some people like that chrome look but it wears so fast and the snow sticks to it far to easy.

Stickyfingers

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the sled is definetly nice but for $30000 i would rather have a new stock sled new stock quad and new stock seadoo all with warranty and have 3 times the fun. I guess for people whose skills have exceeded a stock sled this might be the ticket though. I would like to see a video of it.

tstams

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.crashheadz.com
Next year there will be plenty of videos! I also wanted to see more powder coating but Mark at cmx gave me some numbers on what powder coating wieghts and when your trying to build the lightest sled possible that matters. As for what modman said he is correct with all his points which is nice to see a opinion after Doing some research on the sled.As for the driveshaft issue I haven't heard anything about that could you explain what the problem was??
Also yes 30,000 is a lot of money but if you think about it we ride 2000 kms a year so it is well worth it, if you think about how much you use each toy you have which one is used the most and has the largest fun factor, for us it's snowmobiling so it's a good purchase for us as for a lot of other people other toys are good purchases for them!

Fan960

Reaction score
This is a naturally aspirated sled ( No Turbo ) I stll have my 2012 Pro RMK with all the light weight goodies to the tune of (13K ) Non-Turbo and honestly the CMX sled out performs my 2012 Pro in every aspect . In fact I enjoyed riding the CMX sled so much I called Mark and ordered the Turbo version. Delivery date Sept. And yes Neil @ Boost-it also builts a nice product. and as for the 5 to 10 K less GOOD LUCK

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Next year there will be plenty of videos! I also wanted to see more powder coating but Mark at cmx gave me some numbers on what powder coating wieghts and when your trying to build the lightest sled possible that matters. As for what modman said he is correct with all his points which is nice to see a opinion after Doing some research on the sled.As for the driveshaft issue I haven't heard anything about that could you explain what the problem was??
Also yes 30,000 is a lot of money but if you think about it we ride 2000 kms a year so it is well worth it, if you think about how much you use each toy you have which one is used the most and has the largest fun factor, for us it's snowmobiling so it's a good purchase for us as for a lot of other people other toys are good purchases for them!

dont think you have to worry about the driveshaft CMX uses there own shaft. theyve even fixed polaris crappy brake design and put it on the driveshaft. AND have a belt tensioner!

cmxds1.jpg

tstams

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.crashheadz.com
Yes that was what I thought maxwell they use there own driveshaft that was why I was curious as to what modman was talking about, I would like to see one of there belt drive systems on a new summit xm.

tstams

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.crashheadz.com
Haha this could be true guess will halfto wait and see next year when we both have cmx sleds who comes out on top.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes that was what I thought maxwell they use there own driveshaft that was why I was curious as to what modman was talking about, I would like to see one of there belt drive systems on a new summit xm.

The newer Polaris' sleds are having issues with the driveshaft, which is what I was referring to. Wasn't aware of the new kit with the updated driveshaft from CMX, since they are adding boost in a lot of cases, I figured they addressed the weakness, thought maybe it was a clamp though.....but that's a nice looking unit and probably won't break!

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The newer Polaris' sleds are having issues with the driveshaft, which is what I was referring to. Wasn't aware of the new kit with the updated driveshaft from CMX, since they are adding boost in a lot of cases, I figured they addressed the weakness, thought maybe it was a clamp though.....but that's a nice looking unit and probably won't break!

looks like a billet version of the old zx solid shaft. but with a much beefier input side. nice thing about the solid shaft is it can take a torsional load unlike some of the new shafts. not the lightest but probly the strongest.

popcorn popper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Custom up all they want. That thing is all Polaris... even if they copied parts and built them. Lol
I've been at Marks shop and he is a hell of a guy. If anything the pro has taken technology from Mark! He had all those goodies on his sled before the Polaris thought the Dragooon was cool! The engine and bulkhead is only thing Polaris and he modifies those!I ride a xm but have seriously thought about buying cmx. When you consider the mods you get you likely further ahead than buildin.

Last edited:

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can say its just a custom Polaris that's your view which is perfectly fine, a lot of people love the Polaris sleds :), but next year you can come ride with us and see the difference between a Polaris and a cmx. And as much as I'd love to say I beat on my old man he basically wiped the floor with me and my summit xm, ill be giving him a run next year when I get the turbo.

You guys are done riding this year?? Would love to come try this thing out since you are offering a couple test runs.

Definetaly a fan of the CMX sleds, just out of my price range.

Top Bottom