The Mod Shop in GP....

MtnMaster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anywhere the snow is deep, and the hills are steep
Anyone deal with the Mod Shop in Grande Prairie? I'm looking at sending them my bottom end for a refresh, I can do it myself but just don't have the time right now. I talked to him today, and he seemed very knowledgeable and a great guy to talk to. I just always get a little bit leery about sending my parts to a shop I've never been to before. After I got screwed by Bender Racing years ago, I don't like to ship my stuff out unless I know for sure.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Marc is a good dude, he does great work and won't bullch!t you. he gets pretty busy when the snow flies, haven't heard a single complaint from anyone that has work done there. I think he has the only dyno in the area

RMK Junky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
It has been under new management since they moved to town. I'm not sure if Rob (the original owner) is still there. I haven't heard anything bad about the Mod Shop and that kind of gossip spreads fast in this town about any shop.

paulw22

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I havent had any work done there but they have helped me out with some clutch parts, they went out of there way making some calls for a $20 part. The quality of work I saw when there was impresive, nice shop, good guys. From what i understand there reputation is very solid. Rob is still there, when I was in January.

MtnMaster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anywhere the snow is deep, and the hills are steep
thanks for the replies. He seemed like a good guy when I talked to him on the phone. I'm just sending him my bottom end to have a new crank installed, getting up there in the miles, and shes had a pretty tough life :cool: He seems to be one of the few who was interested in doing it when I called around. I have to ship it to him, but feel if I'm getting service and work this good its worth it. I'd do it myself, but just don't have the time right now.

Last edited:

britt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good luck, let us know how it turns out. If it is always nice to hear that there is another good sled repair shop, even if it means driving half a day to get there.

Britt

fatguy1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's all good there Buddy!

Like Paulw22 already stated, Rob is still there and now there is three of them there not just one person so turnaround on your stuff should be quicker than before.

You won't be dissapointed

cdnemsguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was just in their shop yesterday and talked with the guys about some clutch issues. Very knowledgable and take the time to talk with the customer and appear compassionate with what they doo. I have heard only good things about them from others, including guys that are running 8 second asphalt sleds. I would trust them forsure.

Top Bottom