Here's a few scenery pics :)

Elkford 015.jpg

P3190358.jpg

P3200368.jpg

P3190363.jpg

white6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
even had straight blue skies! (except for the few snowy pics in the koot sect). looks like a really nice area to play in when there's a bunch of snow.
Glad someone got out to enjoy the end of the season!

pottery head

Reaction score
looks like Elkford was decent. nice pictures. we were in corbin on saturday went into jeromes bowl and found enough snow to get stuck in a few times. a couple of us rented a house for the winter in Elkford a few years ago. were you guys in smith basin? did u get into tundra creek? one of the best things about elkford was that it was legal to ride in town. we would always ride from the house. i heard there is a burning coal seam somewhere around there. anyone know where it is or hear anything about it?
oh man the season we rode there there was a big avy that came down and filled damn near the whole gorge where the main trail up to coco claims goes. dont think anyone was hurt, after that i always got the heeby geebys riding through there.

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey PH...yup we rode Smith and Tundra. Stayed in that area and rode a few places. First time riding in that area, snow pack is less than at home but was nice to see more area and hang with some new peeps. Wouldn't mind going back next year on a good snow day :D
Didn't see any burning coal seam...MattMedic and JC might know about that...:confused:

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mornin' Hens, let's see a little more action in here today LOL ;)

Looks like I'll have to feed the Arborist some cold meds to get the Hen house hoppin' LOL JK :eek:

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bahahahaha! Thats effin' funny...

So today I would like some drugs that will render me into a coma-like state so that I may spend the day doing and accomplishing absolutely f#@^!*!! nothing... any ideas??

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bahahahaha! Thats effin' funny...

So today I would like some drugs that will render me into a coma-like state so that I may spend the day doing and accomplishing absolutely f#@^!*!! nothing... any ideas??

I betcha PotHead er, PotteryHead can help you out :eek: :D :beer:

JK...PH :) I think it's actually called the Snow & Mud drug mamma!

*xo*

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Afternoon Hens...
Work day is almost over and the weekend is almost here!!
Anyone going out riding this weekend?

white6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i wish! only got 2 days off in this darn shutdown (sat sun).. maybe i'll get some late april riding while living in edmonton haha

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Written By John Kelly of the CAC

One of the fundamental principles of travel in avalanche terrain is to limit the numbers exposed to the consequences of an avalanche. Riding in avalanche terrain should be a solitary activity, thus you group up in a safe spots and then hit the slopes alone. Somehow this principle is not being followed in the sled accidents we are seeing. Over the next few weeks the CAC will be aggressively pursue messaging that targets this public safety issue. We are asking you to help.

With the current conditions as they are we can expect to see decreasing frequency of avalanches but with increasing size. This means it becomes more and more tempting to hit the slope that you have resisted because you may go quite a long time without seeing any avalanche activity. Unfortunately when a slide does occur (I did not say "if") the strong likelihood is that it will be bigger than expected. It can also occur on slopes that are less steep than usual. It is therefore critical that people respect the one-at-a-time rule for slope use - even in moderately steep terrain!

I would be expecting avalanche activity in the coming week to be on slopes about 30 to 35 degrees with a wide-open smooth character. This is not very steep.

I am interested in your thoughts on how we encourage reduced numbers of exposed people at the same time in avalanche country. If you are seeing bad habits in terms of grouping together where you are, you should consider taking action to counter the trend. Please forward this message to your members.

Best Regards,

John Kelly
Operations Manager,
Canadian Avalanche Centre
Revelstoke, BC
250 837 2141

Top Bottom