The Hen House

white6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Frick... I decided to do a back read on this thread from the beginning (bored between hockey game periods) and holy he!! I had some good chuckles!! :d
We really must spend more time in here...LOL :eek:.

Agreed!! we really should

white6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey SledMamma.. I poked back into the thread and ya it sounds like the July 10th weekend.. maybe somewhere called 'outwest rv & camping park' but these are honestly just conclusions.. tylerG supposed to release the info april 1st?? tam's going and i know you've met her so maybe hit her up for some clues lol

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh is that the big ride Snow and Mud campout out in the Nordegg area? I think Outwest is out there somewhere.. I should consider coming along this year since its close to my Dads... not sure how biker friendly some of the trails are though..i've seen pics from previous years..:eek:

white6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya thats the one! I wanna go, considering trying to con my parents into coming so i can stay in the plush camper hehe ya that would rock.. they say that they have dirtbikes and such that do the rides, kids too so at least some of it must be bike friendly.. they said my race quad would b ok

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah I think its just a bit more excruciating on a bike, lol I ride up in Nordegg area all the time and some trails can be easy and some are deadly on a bike lol, especially the giant mud holes and steep steep hills with big loose rocks.. ouch! But I honestly dont know what the conditions are like on the trails they usually ride on the campout. I would definitely be willing to give it a whirl though. I do have a slight fear of riding in Nordegg because EVERY time in ride there I injure myself pretty good, or, like last time, my bike blew up in the middle of a trail. Fun.. so ya I just dont have good luck there but doesn't stop me from riding lol. But ya sometimes there's not much a 110 lb, 5 foot nothing girl can do in a hairy situation riding in some of those areas.:rolleyes:

white6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
haha I hear ya.. i can pretty well picture that! it sucks.. but ya i've only been to the area once (brazeau dam) and it was gorgeous and fun riding but could tell there could be some ugly for my machine too.. I think im gonna book and if turns out I cant go then oh well give it up to someone else on here.. but id like to try it out.. for as supportive as people are on here id imagine they'll be just as eager to help out in the real world too!

my parents have been to this site (i found out in the last lil bit) and said the sites are huge too.. so if your interested maybe lets share a site?? they had a motorhome w/ trailer, 2 fifthwheels and their trucks all in ONE stall. ee now i'm all excited. and hey never know, maybe some footage for the betties! ;) :p maybe some wipeouts it sounds like :eek:

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LOL ya definitely some wipeouts and mudstucks.. atleast there are plenty of quadders to bail me out! :d Yeah i'm definitley interested, thats for sure.. I haven't participated in any S&M events yet and being that i've been on here for a while.. (was formerly YZgirl) I would like to participate this time :)

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We haven't been to the campout...jamboree now...but word is that you can find good bike trails too and if you go on the rides with the quads there are easy/less deep/less muddy ways around. Sounds like some peeps do take bikes, but more quads. Steve is taking his bike and he's gonna hook up with Fossy on here who took his bike last year. I'm sure some peeps who were there last year will let you know what to expect. I hope to drag my buddy Monique there and she'll be on her KTM :D if she goes, and her hubby will be on a bike too. I may take mine in case we go on a bike ride one of the other days...but I'm stoked about gettin' down and dirty on some of those quad trails too :eek:

white6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LOL ya definitely some wipeouts and mudstucks.. atleast there are plenty of quadders to bail me out! :d Yeah i'm definitley interested, thats for sure.. I haven't participated in any S&M events yet and being that i've been on here for a while.. (was formerly YZgirl) I would like to participate this time :)

:specool: me too! lol

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll ride the Outty 650...I have a yammy ttr230 that I may bring if there's room...I've been off my bike for awhile cuz knee surgery...and I wasn't on it very long before that...so I can kinda suck ...I'll have to get some rides in first.

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
TTR's are the best bikes for that back country.. mine was awesome in that terrain, a little more tricky on a snappy 2 stroke.. but I think as long as my boyfriend is either there or some nice fellas to help me get unstuck in the quite likely event that I do.. I am sure I will be fine.

White6 we should definitley plan for this... I would be willing to share a camping lot with you if your still interested. I gotta talk to my other half about it too and see if he would be willing to go too..I dont think I would be taking up too much room unless I decide to borrow my paren'ts camping trailer..its only like a 20 footer but its quite likely i'll be tenting..

white6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
outty is niceee : ) i like em done up for mudding hehe bring the bike! i'll try to find a pit bike so that i'm not a loner chicka w/o a bike:Cool9:

ya LD i'm definately down with booking something.. we can look into the details of it later, we know there will be lots of room : ) worst case we take my truck n trailer w the toys n set up tents i guess.. men or no men :d
I haven't talked to my other half about it yet either but I'd try to go regardless :girlpower:

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you guys are tenting you could probably find room at someone's spot quite easily too.

Agree LD, my bike's a good grunter for that kinda terrain. A two stoke is a bit tougher for sure, but our buddies ride thiers with us in similar terrain, so you can too! They're always shiftin' like a bastard though!

My hubby is the king of helping people! No worries...most of the guys I've met are! and the gals too!

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes I will try to go regardless too wether he comes or not but it would be hard for him to pass it up..but its so far away to plan for things like this..especially for him, being in the trades and all work is unpredictable.. he'll prob have to go to fort mac or something lol. Lucky for me, I got out of the trades and into a cushy office with secure job so Im good to go! :beer::d

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you guys are tenting you could probably find room at someone's spot quite easily too.

Agree LD, my bike's a good grunter for that kinda terrain. A two stoke is a bit tougher for sure, but our buddies ride thiers with us in similar terrain, so you can too! They're always shiftin' like a bastard though!

My hubby is the king of helping people! No worries...most of the guys I've met are! and the gals too!

Well atleast if we get our own stall, and someone else decides they want to come we can probably squeeze someone into our spot..or even give it up if we decide we can't make it but I'm sure something will work out one way or another.

Yeah I can manhandle a 2 stroke in the backcountry alright for a little lady, I do love the power of the 2 stroke but I miss the consistency and sturdiness of the big 4 stroke. Eitherway Tam, you should try to bring it for sure! And yeah, i'll be on the clutch and gears quite a bit, its just a fact of life riding in that country haha.

white6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thats a good point about sharing someone elses stall tam.. we'll hafta see what we can workout I guess haha but probably start out with our own just incase we end up having some campers tag along..

Glad that the guys and gals will be willing to help just in case.. always reassuring when you don't know people lol

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:alol2:Bwhahahah...just noticed 'scotts' signature..."Never setting foot in the Horsepower Honey's section again :nono:"

He'll be back :cool:

Top Bottom