The Hen House

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Happy Sunday Mornin' Hens :chicken:

Mornin' QT! ........Such a friendly guy :)

Maybe a ride on the ol' dirtbike today :D....haven't been on it since the big knee surgery last year :eek: Could be ugly :eek:

whitegold

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
good morning girls.... and QT!!

the weather looks good for a ride of any sort.

Where do you ride your horse? I used to breed and raise warmbloods, but got out of it. My daughter still has a mare and 2 2year olds, so i go to help her when i can, they are so much fun, i do miss working with them.

sumsupport

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
good morning girls.... and QT!!

the weather looks good for a ride of any sort.

Where do you ride your horse? I used to breed and raise warmbloods, but got out of it. My daughter still has a mare and 2 2year olds, so i go to help her when i can, they are so much fun, i do miss working with them.

Great weather, relaxing day! We just ride out from my neighbours and hit the powerline, quite a few trails from there. Nice that you can play with your daughter's horses! You've probably forgotten more than I'll ever know if you had your own breeding program :beer:

My friend's and I all ride Tennessee Walkers, but we just trail ride, take in the odd clinic and ask questions of everyone we meet! I love quadding too, and definitely enjoy that you can see so much more in a day, but I hope to always be up for saddleback too!;)

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well... spent the weekend with the Thunderstruck crew and saw some amazing climbs while hanging out of the ol' helicopter as well as shooting from the ground. The boys totally outdid themselves!! It was hard to keep my jaw from dropping to the ground in amazement and just keep shooting... Sledding is officially done for me. Too bad!! Oh well... on the flip side: its 27degrees here ;-)

whitegold

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well... spent the weekend with the Thunderstruck crew and saw some amazing climbs while hanging out of the ol' helicopter as well as shooting from the ground. The boys totally outdid themselves!! It was hard to keep my jaw from dropping to the ground in amazement and just keep shooting... Sledding is officially done for me. Too bad!! Oh well... on the flip side: its 27degrees here ;-)

Oh wow.... that sounds like fun!!! Looking foward to the finished product! .... and 27 degrees.... that is sweet!!!! break out the lawn mower!:)

whitegold

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is a 20 month old filly that i am working with now....

Attachments

• Solstice.... 20 months old.jpg
    Solstice.... 20 months old.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 57

mudd kitty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And here's an open offer to anyone out my way we r planning a day ride on sat down to the river from machesis campground anyone is welcome!!! Just pm me if ur interested

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

whitegold

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh goodness she's beautiful! How much time have you put into her? That shot makes me feel guilty, my two year old isn't quite that calm under saddle yet!!:d

Keep us updated :beer:

Is that you hiding behind her? How tall is she, looks like she'll be big if she's only 20 months there.

Good morning girls!! ... and QT! Don't you feel special..... and what were you doing up at 3:48 in the AM!!??

Actually, there is a bit of a funny story behind her. She was given to my daughter a few months ago because she was wild and no one could catch her. Sharene had pinch her in between hay bales and another horse to catch her 3 months ago. Once she had her home she spent the first 6 weeks just taming her and halter breaking her. Sharene told me about her so i came and handled her a bit and fell in love with her. I've only worked with her 3 times but she has such a good attitude!!! She is nervous when I first introduce a new item to her but with much calming words and lots of petting she is very accepting.

That is me standing behind her, I am 5'8" so she is fairly tall. I attached a pic of her about a month after Sharene got her, but she was very thin when she got her home so she looks abit odd. Her legs are to large for the rest of her body, and this is after Sharene has been pushing the groceries to her. I hope that her body will catch up to her legs. I think she may finish around 16 - 16.1 hh but time will tell. I think it will depend on if she is somewhat stunted due to being so thin. I'll post a pic of her in a few months and let ya know how she is doing.

Attachments

• Solstice.... 20 months old.jpg
    Solstice.... 20 months old.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 48

skinnybitch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Nice Mamma! :wtg: Glad that you had a great time! :d I think next time myself and my sled are going to find a hiding spot in that trailer of yours!! :p

sumsupport

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
Good Afternoon All!!

Mamma, that sounds like an exquisite day! :d

WG, thanks for the picture and story, she is one fantastic looking filly. It's so rewarding to put that work in and earn their trust.

Getting excited for the long weekend, even though the forecast looks worse every time I check it. Looks like Saturday is party night cause Sunday's going to be too gross to ride in :eek: Ah well, dress warm and enjoy it I will.:d

Top Bottom