The FreeRide is Home ... WhereTF is my snow!?

QuintinG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Very nice ride man. You're gonna love it. Keep an eye on your shock adjustment knobs on the skid shocks. Me and lots of others lost knobs. I saw a few new freeride in person at martin motorsports and you're right pics don't do the colors justice. I may be wrong but I think that new mountain strap/ snow flap and all the other little changes only come on the XM. And I thought that over the summer you were talking about a black/black summit X 146" that you snow checked? You upgrade?

enis750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Very nice ride man. You're gonna love it. Keep an eye on your shock adjustment knobs on the skid shocks. Me and lots of others lost knobs. I saw a few new freeride in person at martin motorsports and you're right pics don't do the colors justice. I may be wrong but I think that new mountain strap/ snow flap and all the other little changes only come on the XM. And I thought that over the summer you were talking about a black/black summit X 146" that you snow checked? You upgrade?

ya i had a checked black/black X 146, but cancelled it
I wanted doo to have a year or two on the tmotion before i tried it out (first yr sleds arent doo's forte .... sometimes .. EX: 2004. 2008)
also im not sure the t motion would be good for me where I ride
I get west a couple times a year, but ride mostly at the cabin and at home
still mostly all off trail, but I like to jump ditches and ride it hard - figured the FR should hold up fine and be beefy enough

enis750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I added a couple other small mods over the past couple days

I painted the windshield satin black (the underside of it)
taped it off, sprayed it with KRYLON FUSION spray paint and it really turned out awesome
looks SOO much better and was a $6 mod

also added MOFLO vents in the lower door panels
a little trick when adding vents - put some black vinyl or paint the panel (with the same KRYLON FUSION paint, behind the vent)
then you wont see the holes behind the vent
they were super easy to install, just kinda time consuming and a 2 man job (wifey helped me)
nothing like drilling into a BRAND NEW SLED!!! hahah!

also removed all the foam from the door panels
if you can get the sticker behind the actual foam, the stuff just peels right off - super easy to do while the sled is new
replaced it w some heat tape (just the crap you use on furnace ducting)

heres some crappy iphone pics of the vents
my lil dude loves my new "doo doo" !! LOL! he so cute

photo2_zpsb15db3dd.jpg

photo1_zps51697dd7.jpg

steel town

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice man, your gonna love it, fyi just take the little windshield off and leave it on a shelf.

Top Bottom