...the few who ruin it for others

longtrack 156

Reaction score
So sorry to hear. I know what you went through. Was on Alaska highway in 1969 and campers were being rob. This went on until robbers tryed this in Alaska. They banged on a camper door wanting money and the people inside blew them away with a 12 gauge. End of problem.

Similar situation in Hixon I think in the late 70's US couple shot through the rv door and killed the guy. Cops didn't even charge them with anything.

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good that pucker won't be doing that again. Hope they feel good about it
Similar situation in Hixon I think in the late 70's US couple shot through the rv door and killed the guy. Cops didn't even charge them with anything.

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I really sorry your family was subjected to such rude behavior hopefully your experiences going forward are positive.

brian h

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Dave make sure that Heather does not get discouraged from this, you and your family are welcome to ride with us anytime you want. Next time if anything like this happens we will meet you and confront them, and yes Barry is also a great contact to have he is always there for any issues of any type for sledders

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't like it and we have sons and not daughters but my wife would laugh if it happened to us. She has been around boys long enough to not get effected by such behavior. (unless it was in the middle of the night and it woke her up).

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Next time get a pic of their rig an them. Makes it easier to fix their wagon.

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Unfortunate the op had to go through bs like this but I find it pretty comical others threatening vandalism to the douchebags vehicle when so many on here were whining about the rumors about Alberta trucks getting vandalised....

Is it ok if it's Alberta vandalism against Alberta trucks or just sledders vs sledders???

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Unfortunate the op had to go through bs like this but I find it pretty comical others threatening vandalism to the douchebags vehicle when so many on here were whining about the rumors about Alberta trucks getting vandalised....

Is it ok if it's Alberta vandalism against Alberta trucks or just sledders vs sledders???

There is a difference.
One was by stupid people for a stupid reason.
The other is towards stupid people for a good reason.

Either way it is vandalism and a personal public beating is preferred.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is a difference.
One was by stupid people for a stupid reason.
The other is towards stupid people for a good reason.

Either way it is vandalism and a personal public beating is preferred.

That's just how the vandals justify it, whoever their victims are. Don't you think the BC vandals are calling Albertans stupid so they feel they have a good reason to vandalize? It's all wrong.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My wife and I were in McBride this weekend, and it was terrific to see so many families there. I have had both my daughters with me this year, and take my wife as much as she is able to go. The group we ride with is amazing - you guys know who you are!

BUT, It's unfortunate a "few" individuals can quickly turn the weekend into a very uncomfortable experience especially for women and kids. My wife and I were staying at the Travelodge and the "men" in the room beside us (room 254) decided that it would be funny to bang on the walls repeatedly yelling profanities at us as to whether I was "fu$*ing that b#$ch". This went on for a while until at one point they were banging on our door. Fortunately it did stop after ignoring them.

My wife said this is the reason at times she is hesitant to come or to send my daughters. None of them should ever be put in that situation. This is a great activity/sport for everyone, and women and children need to be treated with respect. I can say that from my experience, there are so many AMAZING people in the sledding community, and it is unfortunate that a few individuals like this can ruin it for so many others.

Sad to hear monkeys pulling such BS.
Personally it is not your responsibility to control the motels client's but it is theirs.
Most motels have an 11pm quiet time i believe. If that cannot be enforce then you make sure the motels pays for it.
Personally i would had brought it to the attention of the manager immediately no matter what time it was.
I would also advise him or her that if it is not resolved that a stop payment would be arrange.
I have a couple of rules i fallow when i'm on the road, never pay in cash, alway's ask about quiet time and checkout time. It put management on the spot. Lastly i pay after service rendered, in the AM. If issues arise it will affect payment. 99.9% no issues and desk clerk is always happy to obliged. If not, i move on, there are no set rule saying you have to pay in advance, i seldom to never do.
Also i believe the travel lodge in Mcbride is privately owned, getting a bad review always hurts, with an Email i would advise the owner of this situation and an up coming review.
I have stayed there in the past, no issues.

BTW, trying to take it in your own hands never works, drunks are not reasonable to start with and it lowers you to their level. Glad you took the higher road.

Last edited:

dnedohin

Reaction score
Website
www.timbercastleandcustoms.com
Hey Dave make sure that Heather does not get discouraged from this, you and your family are welcome to ride with us anytime you want. Next time if anything like this happens we will meet you and confront them, and yes Barry is also a great contact to have he is always there for any issues of any type for sledders

Thanks Brian! great riding together and happy to do anytime!

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Doesn't matter how you want to justify it's stupid for anyone to vandalise someone else's property.

What he said.

A couple things as food for thought - remember that you leave your **** for 8 hrs in the lot while you are riding. They might just get their stuff fixed and happen along yours later in the day.....

Also, maybe you think you know which truck is theirs but damage the wrong one by mistake. You might have more trouble than a couple of drunk assholes on your hands. Violence or vandalism usually ends up with nothing more than the wrong party getting in trouble and the initial perpetrator getting off scott-free.

We got these super cool things now called "smart phones". They have a handy video function that can be used to record what people are saying and doing. Don't need to be up in anyone's face to do it, recording can happen with phone in hand casually by your side, in your pocket walking past, or through the wall. Both can be admissible to hotel owner or police if necessary.

Top Bottom