...the few who ruin it for others

dnedohin

Reaction score
Website
www.timbercastleandcustoms.com
My wife and I were in McBride this weekend, and it was terrific to see so many families there. I have had both my daughters with me this year, and take my wife as much as she is able to go. The group we ride with is amazing - you guys know who you are!

BUT, It's unfortunate a "few" individuals can quickly turn the weekend into a very uncomfortable experience especially for women and kids. My wife and I were staying at the Travelodge and the "men" in the room beside us (room 254) decided that it would be funny to bang on the walls repeatedly yelling profanities at us as to whether I was "fu$*ing that b#$ch". This went on for a while until at one point they were banging on our door. Fortunately it did stop after ignoring them.

My wife said this is the reason at times she is hesitant to come or to send my daughters. None of them should ever be put in that situation. This is a great activity/sport for everyone, and women and children need to be treated with respect. I can say that from my experience, there are so many AMAZING people in the sledding community, and it is unfortunate that a few individuals like this can ruin it for so many others.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
That's disgusting Dave... I feel sorry for all sledders, except the ones that were childishly pounding on your walls. Normally we found the Travelodge quite decent to stay in. That truly is a bad experience :(

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My wife and I were in McBride this weekend, and it was terrific to see so many families there. I have had both my daughters with me this year, and take my wife as much as she is able to go. The group we ride with is amazing - you guys know who you are!

BUT, It's unfortunate a "few" individuals can quickly turn the weekend into a very uncomfortable experience especially for women and kids. My wife and I were staying at the Travelodge and the "men" in the room beside us (room 254) decided that it would be funny to bang on the walls repeatedly yelling profanities at us as to whether I was "fu$*ing that b#$ch". This went on for a while until at one point they were banging on our door. Fortunately it did stop after ignoring them.

My wife said this is the reason at times she is hesitant to come or to send my daughters. None of them should ever be put in that situation. This is a great activity/sport for everyone, and women and children need to be treated with respect. I can say that from my experience, there are so many AMAZING people in the sledding community, and it is unfortunate that a few individuals like this can ruin it for so many others.

Thats unfortunate to hear that few a$$holes figured they needed to do that. I'd imagine there was a good amount of booze involved, but there is no excuse for boorish behavior like that. Its stories like these that make me book at little cabin type places more often than not. Generally you don't have neighbours and if you do, they keep to themselves. I've had many nights sleep ruined at hotels by guys that seem to think no one else is trying to sleep. Its easy to say, go confront them but more often than not its a 1 vs 3+guys situation. I can handle myself but I also don't need to get boot stomped by a group of drunken morons at 3am

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Definitely uncalled for.

Same guys leave beer cans/garbage all over and piss on the decks of cabins. short peckered losers.

Sorry you had to go through that, I'm just getting my wife and son into mountain riding and I know this night is coming... But what do you in the situation? hotel staff is powerless and just as useless. You don't want to wake the WHOLE hotel up either...

If any of you guys know this human trash... you better give them a call.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Definitely uncalled for.

Same guys leave beer cans/garbage all over and piss on the decks of cabins. short peckered losers.

Sorry you had to go through that, I'm just getting my wife and son into mountain riding and I know this night is coming... But what do you in the situation? hotel staff is powerless and just as useless. You don't want to wake the WHOLE hotel up either...

If any of you guys know this human trash... you better give them a call.

David, I spoke to Barry about this he said a call to the cops then was in order, they would deal with it, but I would assume the consequences afterwards may be a bit strange, its a tough call. This just should never have happened.

dnedohin

Reaction score
Website
www.timbercastleandcustoms.com
Agreed - We were just about to call them. BUT, hoping they would get bored and go away/pass out. Cops usually means a long night anyhow and then worrying about my truck and gear afterwards. Better that they got no response and eventually went away. Unfortunately the damage was already done with my wife though.

Lightningmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry you guys had to go through that. Losers like that can make a trip for newer riders very disappointing . Some people will never go back because of it and that's ashame.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Karma rules. The good thing is these types of people run into my type of people someday. Tune ups and attitude adjustments are free for special types. They will one day be deserving recipients I’m sure

Ricki Bobby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
WOW. That is just BS. I can't imagine what you and family went through with this situation. Good on you for not confronting them though, as you said it would have probably just made it even worse for your family. Booze or not, I can't imagine why someone would do something like that. Bastards

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow ! Losers!
Having two grown daughters and, working on a teenage grand daughter, I can empathize. That is a tough situation to put any man and his family in. They are damn lucky cooler heads prevailed or this could have gone sideways real quick.

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Good on you for keeping your cool and ignoring them
Dont think i could have done that.

Old Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So sorry to hear. I know what you went through. Was on Alaska highway in 1969 and campers were being rob. This went on until robbers tryed this in Alaska. They banged on a camper door wanting money and the people inside blew them away with a 12 gauge. End of problem.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So sorry to hear. I know what you went through. Was on Alaska highway in 1969 and campers were being rob. This went on until robbers tryed this in Alaska. They banged on a camper door wanting money and the people inside blew them away with a 12 gauge. End of problem.
That’s that Karma I was talking about.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Extremely saddened to hear about this. I 'm sure Heather and your daughters are wondering what they got into. Thankfully this is an isolated incident. Hopefully the family will stay with it Dave. Its a great sport for the whole family.

Top Bottom