The Edmonton Oiler's Official Chat page....

etecheaven

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i am just loving watching these games and its all happening while my son is coming of age to understand hockey a bit. Tonight is a huge game, i think it will be low scoring as the sharks dont allow many goals, my guess/ Hope is a 2-1 win for the oil in OT.

Cant believe we blew out the ducks!!!

GrumpyGuy

Reaction score
3-2 o/t for the oilers tonite over the sharks

Of course I'd love that outcome... but I get a pit in my stomach every time we play SJ.... I think they are still just a tad too much for us. Good size, great skill level..... but I also can't predict an Oilers loss, it's bad karma lol I'll just hope you're right!

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
4j2ZkflTafbkKy4WRMM1Iq5XAfSt7G0-XjO0VYp9-JnEnNv_iQzKj5yQSAmwGIL4EQIBqAJEzXQsM-SYEg6QxSy1=w540-h304-n-k-no

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow , the look on the Sharks bench , late in the game ... Incredible !
Looked like the oiler faces for most of the last ten years ....
Talbot & that first line ...
Incredible ...
Hats off to to Peter , what a find in talbot & marroon ..,,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OVERKILL

Reaction score
Wow , the look on the Sharks bench , late in the game ... Incredible !
Looked like the oiler faces for most of the last ten years ....
Talbot & that first line ...
Incredible ...
Hats off to to Peter , what a find in talbot & marroon ..,,

Great acquisitions those two! Larson and Russell i really like as well.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Russell is fine when he isn't playing too much. He struggles to move the puck up the ice and results in scoring chances against. He isn't a bad skater but rarely uses that skill. Otherwise great shot blocker. If he can be retained cheap for the 3rd pairing guy on his natural side and get a true top RD to replace him it would be better.

Lots of people figure it should be Shattenkirk but he has already said he doesn't want to play here. If you are going after that fish then go after Pietrangelo or another big RD. Problem seems to be all the best RD are in the West and no one is going to trade to the Oilers from the West. Maybe Colorado for Barrie if they over pay with a 1st and say Nurse? Nurse's injury slowed his development but I think he has the potential of being in the roster over Davidson and Benning but it does allow for some roster moves.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nurse isn't going anywhere .. Pretty sure about that .
He is a CHIA player ... Tough s nails ...

Last edited:

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Weren't on their game last night .... But that's okay .

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can't win them all and you certainly can't win when you don't show up.

The stats don't show it well. The first 30 mins were controlled by Minny. The last 30 wasn't bad but they were already behind. Bad turn overs, not winning puck battles, hanging onto the puck too long. Blah.

Play like that against what is possibly the best team playing team in the league right now and that's a loss every night.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
you can't win them all and you certainly can't win when you don't show up.

The stats don't show it well. The first 30 mins were controlled by minny. The last 30 wasn't bad but they were already behind. Bad turn overs, not winning puck battles, hanging onto the puck too long. Blah.

Play like that against what is possibly the best team playing team in the league right now and that's a loss every night.

Sent from my iphone using tapatalk

edmonton outshot the wild 43 to 35 .... Bad nite for talbot!! 4 goals on 19 shots against him.... Subpar for talbot(or most nhl goalies for that matter)

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
edmonton outshot the wild 43 to 35 .... Bad nite for talbot!! 4 goals on 19 shots against him.... Subpar for talbot(or most nhl goalies for that matter)

Can't blame it all on the goalie when the D out right leave a opposing man or two standing right in front of him multiple times. The hung him out to dry. Russell's comments even say how poorly he played.

And again the stats don't reflect the chances. Sure they shot 43 shots against but they weren't quality shots. Kemper saw almost off of them. Shots from the outside with out any traffic are not great scoring chances.

Bad team effort all around.

Top Bottom