The bad part of snow!

Cumminsnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here is a couple of pics of my parents shed where I stored the truck to the left:oops:
I have moved pics to my album

Last edited:

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Not Good

Sorry to see your devestating snow load effect. I bet you wish all your stuff was`nt in there. Trailer looks a little squashed also. Don`t tell me there was a old car under a tarp damaged in there. Hope insurance will help you out. Sometimes snow can do bad things :nono:

GRD

Reaction score
That sucks.... Let us know how you make out... Any high valued items with damage?

Cumminsnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My Avatar was under the cover! It looks like there is some damage to passenger box side and to the top of the roof but it never even broke the glass! Some how the roof beams fell on either side of my truck! The holiday trailer and a 1980 ford 1 ton I am sure are wrote off. There was also a boat beside my truck switch is untouched. Here is a pic of the one ton.

GRD

Reaction score
Sorry to here about that.... That is nice ford in your avatar (78?). Hopefully it is not too bad!

Cumminsnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry to here about that.... That is nice ford in your avatar (78?). Hopefully it is not too bad!
79 I bought it when I was 16 and it was my first truck! Between 2000 and 2004 I did a frame off resto on it. The only thing I had left to do was the interior. Insurance said they well probably fix it(we'll see).

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Ouch

That looks like it hurt.. Im in the Insurance Restoration field and as a Insurance repair contractor and we have been swamped this year with alot of roof collapse claims and Ice dam claims. In fact they repaired our own roof at where I worked as the trusses snapped.

RON

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
Sorry bout your luck Cumminsnorth.Hope the end result will be somewhat salvageable. Doesnot appear to be much pitch to the roof... near flatline. We sure did have a lot of snow this season. I cleared my house roof off twice, My 40 x 80 shop has tin and what a sh#t load slid off numerous times, That snow sure is got alot of weight to it.

Cumminsnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry bout your luck Cumminsnorth.Hope the end result will be somewhat salvageable. Does not appear to be much pitch to the roof... near flat line. We sure did have a lot of snow this season. I cleared my house roof off twice, My 40 x 80 shop has tin and what a sh#t load slid off numerous times, That snow sure is got alot of weight to it.

Yep the roof was almost flat but has been there since the 80's. The neighbor to the north had the same shed built the same year by the same company and it fell in 3 days after this one! It is too bad that there wasn't more of a pitch to the roof as the snow would have slid off. Oh well what done is done.:shrug:

Cumminsnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well about a month ago we got the old truck dug out of the shed and had the appraiser looked at it right away but I am still waiting to hear back. Here's a pic. There is only a scratch on the other side. Since it is going back to the body shop I am going to remove the driprail and door handles and install poppits.

Attachments

• tmpphp2knQ8r.jpg
    tmpphp2knQ8r.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 129

Cumminsnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well the truck was wrote off so I bought it back.
Looks like I get to build it again.
Now I need to find a donor truck again.
If anyone has one or knows of one with a straight cab(xlt would be a bonus) the problem is that they don't make a cab roof skin. They still make hoods doors and box sides.
Would take a whole truck if the price is right.
Let me know if you have anything or know of something.
I don't mind driving a bit to get somethink worth wild.

Thanks
CUMMINSNORTH

Top Bottom