Thanks to the person that figured they needed my primary clutch more than me!!!

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So MY personal sled had a bad day up lucielle. Rented it to a guy that i knew thru a friend and a crank bearing went out of it. So had to have it helicoptered out because it was way back in a bowl that it coulkdn't be towed out of. The pilot dropped it in the lucielle parking lot aty about 4:45pm today and we picked it up there shortly after 5pm and in that time someone was gracious enough to steal the primary clutch off of my sled. Aint that a kick to nackers after a heli ride.

PS. i am positive it wasn't the guys that had my sled either because i know them and they would never do something like that.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that sucks Glen, could it have happened where the sled was broke down? pretty brazen for someone to do it right in the parking area....wow. were there any other people around when you got there?

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I doubt it cause it was back at the bottom of the larvae. No one else went that far back today and the guys left the sled around 3:30 or 4:00pm. They didn't know i had a chopper comin already. Plus you would need a puller to get the clutch off as well as a special socket to get the bolt out.

MattM

Reaction score
The worst part is that its someone involed in the sport. Jeez. we have had hunting camps robbed before and its enuf to make you go mental.

Bowen

Reaction score
Thieving pieces of sh#t. What has the sport come to, we can't even trust each other anymore. You would think someone had to have seen something in the parking lot especially when a chopper just set the sled down. Had the same thing happen in Allen Creek parking lot 10 years ago on my spare sled sitting on my deck. Don't trust anyone anymore. If suspicious acytivity is goin down in the parking lot at least get a plate number, you never know.:rant::rant::rant:

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow Man sorry to hear about it, very uncouth!!
I don't know anything about cats, but wouldn't the secondary be easier to steal? seems odd that they only stole the primary and left the secondary, belt, pipe, sled for that matter. There is lots of easier things to steal on a sled than trying to pop a primary off.
Seems very odd to me, especially in the time frame you mentioned.:confused:

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow Man sorry to hear about it, very uncouth!! I don't know anything about cats, but wouldn't the secondary be easier to steal? seems odd that they only stole the primary and left the secondary, belt, pipe, sled for that matter. There is lots of easier things to steal on a sled than trying to pop a primary off.
Seems very odd to me, especially in the time frame you mentioned:confused:

Yah they didn't take the boss seat or the spare belt inm the seat or the clutch cover. But with it bein where it was they were probably pretty nervous cause at that time of day you got lots of peeps comin off the hill.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yah they didn't take the boss seat or the spare belt inm the seat or the clutch cover. But with it bein where it was they were probably pretty nervous cause at that time of day you got lots of peeps comin off the hill.

Well your sled is one of a kind, maybe someone on here saw something that can help you out. Hope it works out for you in the end.:beer:
Remember what goes around comes around.

foxrider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thieving pieces of sh#t. What has the sport come to, we can't even trust each other anymore. You would think someone had to have seen something in the parking lot especially when a chopper just set the sled down. Had the same thing happen in Allen Creek parking lot 10 years ago on my spare sled sitting on my deck. Don't trust anyone anymore. If suspicious acytivity is goin down in the parking lot at least get a plate number, you never know.:rant::rant::rant:

Its sad what the world is coming too. My grandpa told me stories that when he had the weekend off from hauling logs, he would ride his sled into town, leave it outside the bar, drink for a few hours then ride back to where he was staying at. He did this many times and never had his sled stolen or parted. And thats back in the 70's when you could strip half the sled with just the tools in a tool box. I dont trust anyone, my sled is chained around my tunnel through my skid, and to a metal piling off the lean too.

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what a bunch of homos.... seriously 15mins you leave it and a clutch is gone. Gatta say is theift up that area really that bad?? Hear alot about it in valemont and mcbride. Mind yea i think these two areas support alot more riders than golden/fernie/radium

Top Bottom