Thanks to Mirage Trailers

sledder50

Reaction score
My first thread was a whole bunch of sour grapes about my mirage trailer. I have since had several converstions with Curtis and Rob in Idaho about the axles on my trailer. They have been helpful in telling me about how to fix the prbolem and the problems that they had with the brackets. they have also stated that I will be compemsated for my labour (to a point) on the trailer. Rob also told me to stop by the factory if I ever make it down to Boise(knowing it is a long way. but you never know it was a nice offer) Again I now would like to thank the guys at Mirage,they said they do stand behind their product, I wish I could thank the dealer in Westlock for doing the same, but I cannot as they seem to have the attitude that once it leaves their lot that is the end of their responsiblity sad! I feel if I slam a procuct I had better be able to commend them as well

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My first thread was a whole bunch of sour grapes about my mirage trailer. I have since had several converstions with Curtis and Rob in Idaho about the axles on my trailer. They have been helpful in telling me about how to fix the prbolem and the problems that they had with the brackets. they have also stated that I will be compemsated for my labour (to a point) on the trailer. Rob also told me to stop by the factory if I ever make it down to Boise(knowing it is a long way. but you never know it was a nice offer) Again I now would like to thank the guys at Mirage,they said they do stand behind their product, I wish I could thank the dealer in Westlock for doing the same, but I cannot as they seem to have the attitude that once it leaves their lot that is the end of their responsiblity sad! I feel if I slam a procuct I had better be able to commend them as well

good to hear they stepped up to the plate for ya

fat tire

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well sometimes it is the dealer and the location of the dealer ....... enough said. I think it might be a westlock thing.

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I said I'd post up some photo's from the damage to the trailer when the axles failed. I did some research on the issues with the Mirage trailers and have found a number of recalls in the States that have never been mentioned nor have any customers in Canada been notified of these particular issues. You can find the recalls in the NHTSA, I made a phone call to get more information from NHTSA and was genuinely impressed that they were all ears with my particular issue.

So back in June of 2011 contact was made with the dealer that sold the trailer (they no longer carry the product) they explained they don't sell the product and wished us luck on getting Mirage to stand behind the warranty on the trailer as it was common practice to wash their hands of any issues. (do a simple google search on Mirage Trailer Issues) and you'll be amazed at what you find. All common issues from trailer to trailer to trailer and in dealing with Mirage to get issues fixed.

An e mail was sent to Rob Swikirt and the warranty department in June of 2011, the warranty department said to give the axle manufacturer a call and washed their hands of any further dealings.

When I posted the above in October Rob from Mirage sent me a pm asking if I had an axe to grind with Mirage when I explained I didn't have an axe to grind rather I had an issue he asked for the information on the trailer and details of the issues with the failure. I sent the information and photo's to Rob which he received back in June of 2011 once again but claims to have never heard of any concern?

When I did hear back from Rob it was a lame excuse / reason the axle failed and then nothing for two weeks. I once again sent an e mail asking if they were going to do anything or honour the warranty for their product. I received a simple e mail from Rob saying we can't reimburse you for your troubles. So $5,200.00 out of pocket (not including labor) to fix what should have been covered under warranty?

Now what the fawk is that? Not once did I ask or demand anything rather left it up to them to see what they wanted to do about the issue.

SO WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT FROM MIRAGE IF YOU HAVE AN ISSUE:
1. Nothing, they will not stand behind their product, nor will they honour the warranty that comes with the purchase of a trailer they build.
2. The run around to waste your time.
3. Unethical business practices from a dealer that has no concern about the product once it's left the yard.

I have also talked to a few dealers that sold Mirage Trailers and a common theme keeps coming up, Mirage will no warranty anything, the dealers take care of small issues at their cost to keep the customer happy and retain their reputation as they want to stay in business. Eventually the dealer can not continue to carry theMirage line due to financial impacts and damage to their reputation so they have to drop Mirage and pick up another line of reputable manufacturer.

Here are some pictures.
073.jpg 074.jpg 080.jpg

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I need to buy a new trailer, but with warranty problems like this....and not standing behind a defect like that..... I will be looking some where else to buy......I did have the same problem with a landscaping trailer I bought last year......it was rated for 2500 pound and the axle bent with only 1200 pounds in it.....I took it back and they said I overloaded it.....I told them that lawn tractor is the only thing that has been in it......and it is no where near even 1500 pounds.....they weighted it and still said I over weight it! WTF so I put a new 3500 pound axle and beefed up the trailer (broken welds and the hitch was braking off) to haul 1200 pounds! lol.....works great now! Why does one have to build a trailer to haul something, when they spend good money to buy something that is more than rated to do the job you want?

I think I'm going to build a dump trailer myself next time! price of steel is not that much compared to the price of these POS $8-9000 dump trailers!+

cscherer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not to hijack your thread but I had the same issue with cargo mate. I have a 24ft and the actual beaver tail on the passenger side had cracked and split in two pieces. We were on the way back from revy and this happend right by field....

When I contacted the dealer they washed there hands and said impossible you must have over loaded the trailer. There were only three sleds in at the time. I then contacted cargo mate and they did the same....

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

swikertrob

Reaction score
It's a shame.
It has come to my attention that “Dale Dalueg” made up his whole story concerning his Mirage Trailer.
He claimed to be the original owner; and he is not, when questioned, he then claimed he co-owned the unit with the original owner, he did not.
He claimed the axle failed after 12 months, it did not.
He claimed the repair cost was $5200, it was not.
He claimed Mirage ignored him, we did not.
He claimed he called the dealer where he purchased the unit, he did not.
He claims to be a “victim”, he is not.

He was very aware the warranty was not transferable from the original owner and did everything, including compromising his integrity, to deceive Mirage.
Mirage offered to repair his unit at no charge if he returned it to the factory, we now realize why he decided not to choose this option.
If he would have been honest from the start, there would have been a totally different outcome.
The fact that he started his own personal "smear" campaign based on lies, is disappointing to say the least, and directly reflects the absence of morals in some individuals.

This concludes this matter.

BeachSled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's a shame.
It has come to my attention that “Dale Dalueg” made up his whole story concerning his Mirage Trailer.
He claimed to be the original owner; and he is not, when questioned, he then claimed he co-owned the unit with the original owner, he did not.

He was very aware the warranty was not transferable from the original owner and did everything, including compromising his integrity, to deceive Mirage.
Mirage offered to repair his unit at no charge if he returned it to the factory, we now realize why he decided not to choose this option.
If he would have been honest from the start, there would have been a totally different outcome.
The fact that he started his own personal "smear" campaign based on lies, is disappointing to say the least, and directly reflects the absence of morals in some individuals.

Well nice job trying to do damage control....... But it's way to late, if you really cared you would have been a part of all the threads and have worked with people to fix issues, posted replies, and pictures. As you have not done anything but try and smear people..... I will not buy your trailers and I will be damn sure no one I know does either. A simple google search shows what kind of people you are and the product you produce, proof is in the pudding buddy. Hope the ship sinks, have a good one.

Anyone can cut and paste to threads..... See :p

Last edited:

cscherer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's a shame.

oK so maybe he did make up this story....why should he have to take the sled to the factory and not a dealer....I had to call cargo mate numerous times and could not get a response until I finally swore at the lady on the phone.
I called the dealer.....got told to call the factory.
Repair cost was in the 3500.00 range ..receipt to prove

In my opinion to DALES POST, the axle failed....period...it should have not. He should be covered. This is a main component of a trailer....similar to the main frame on my trailer. If you choose to build something....build it right, build in quality, use the proper steel, the proper welding rod and for god sakes have some form of a qc/qa program.

If this was my dealership I would have repaired his trailer at my cost or at least said 50 / 50 or something of the nature.....

Turboal

Reaction score
wow I came by this club "Snow & Mud" because I was just looking at a 2012 Mirage 8.5 x 24 cargo trailer with the Xcel care carrier package. One of the things I noticed below the stamped gross and tongue weight is "MADE IN CHINA" I gotta say that those Three words strike fear into me if I am looking for something A. reliable B. well built. I don't know about these trailers being built in The USA -- maybe assembled there?? I just happend to be working for John Deere in 2004 building excavators when they started introducing made in china components to their excavators -- what a total waste of time. These components were ch!t, poor quality and neither looked right or fitted right. I don't know if they still (probably) use this ch!t but their warrenty dept must have seen a huge increase in business. I do thank you for your tread inputs -- was pretty much convinced BEFORE I read the thread that I would be looking for a true Made in USA or Canada trailer because I need it for a long time. BTW the trailer was $9,100.oo plus taxes (10% here).

Seasons greetings

Alan

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's a shame.

One question.

Why is your warranty not transferable? Its not like selling your trailer to another person means they are asking for more warranty. To me that is a simple case of screwing the consumer and your company not standing behind its product.

I for one will never consider buying your units after reading your response and find it to be nothing more than a smear campaign on your part which makes you look worse than you did before.

Whats the old saying? Its better to keep your mouth shut and have people think your dumb than open it and remove all doubt.

2guys

Reaction score
I can honestly say, I worked in trailer sales for a few years now. Most trailer manufactures have similar issues and none stand behind warranty. Continental Cargo shipped us a 40,000 custom goose neck trailer that the Hitch plate fell off during freight, the sides were out of true by 14" and the floor had a 3/4 " gap inbetween joints, pace sent us 6 trailers that the axels were out of alignment and one that the axle completly fell off.

also most trailer warrantys are not transferable.

now I have no experiance with mirrage but most dealers can request things like reinforcment and extra paint layers when ordering we do, did with all our trailers
since the canadian market is far harder on parts then the southern us.

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its not all about your trailer it REALLY comes down too your DEALER and all i can say if your dealer wont help u out your fu7ked Iam sure glad GRASSLAND TRAILER SALES IN GRASSLAND are awesome too me couldn't ask for better :d

jw3210

Reaction score
Do not know if this applies in canada, but the easy solution in the usa is to contact the states attorney general.

Top Bottom