TFI/EFI chip

d jones

Reaction score
I just installed a penland pipe and tfi chip.Is the settings that come on the chip fine or shuold I change the settings?If so change them to what?Any help would be awsome because I still can't beat my brothers stock renegade 800 with my outty 800.See you all on the trail.

O2Bsane

Reaction score
I am not sure if HMF programs them before they ship them. I would ask them. I would guess it wasnt if you got beat by a stock outty yer probly running real rich. Just unhook The programer and race him again.

Bruteskeg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I dont think your outty's going to beat a renagade, even with a pipe on it then renagades are fast... have you pulled your plugs though to see if your runnin rich or lean ????????

O2Bsane

Reaction score
I didnt read that first post very well LOL I though he had a outty also and not a renny. But with a properly tuned Fuel remapper you might be surprised what a huge difference it will make. I would use a A/F meter instead of the ol plug check. To do the plug check properly you should use a new set of plugs on every check, ie. low, mid and WOT (Wide Open Throttle) so three sets, and pray you dont get plug wash or the reading will be askewed some what. I would use a dyno cause they monitor A/F ratio as they test or like I said a A/F meter. Trying to seat of the pants tuning never works.

Top Bottom