Tether install on 2014 M8000

gigger

Reaction score
Hi, I tried installing the factory kit and I found the right wires, but I could not get the wires out of the harness! Any tips or tricks I hate to rip it all apart again to not get the wires installed.

CatMan16

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I did my 2013 a few weeks ago. When you separate the plug you have to pop the center of the connector out a little with a small flat screw driver. Then use a paper clip and push it in the front side of the connector above the contact at the same time push in on the wire. Once you get the release pushed with the paper clip the wire should pull out. When get the first one the second one will be easy it is a little finicky at first. They should have just made a T connector that you could plug in between the two plugs instead of having to move wires.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tekim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I did my 2013 a few weeks ago. When you separate the plug you have to pop the center of the connector out a little with a small flat screw driver. Then use a paper clip and push it in the front side of the connector above the contact at the same time push in on the wire. Once you get the release pushed with the paper clip the wire should pull out. When get the first one the second one will be easy it is a little finicky at first. They should have just made a T connector that you could plug in between the two plugs instead of having to move wires.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Exactly what he said. Did my 15 about a month ago. (the centre connector is the white part. it should pop back in when finished)

:D

gigger

Reaction score
Ok, I'll give that a try, I did pop out the center area, but I was only pushing on the pin with a small screwdriver and never tried a paperclip. Thanks, ya they should have made it so you just plugged it into a harness, moving wires like this is crazy.

tekim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok, I'll give that a try, I did pop out the center area, but I was only pushing on the pin with a small screwdriver and never tried a paperclip. Thanks, ya they should have made it so you just plugged it into a harness, moving wires like this is crazy.

In the front, there should be a small circular area underneath the square pin that you have to push in with the paperclip, then the pin should pull out easily from behind.

:D

Vertical-Extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The first step in installing a cat tether on a proclimb is to take it, throw it in the trash and go buy a proarmour. Mine screwed up 1 mile down the trail and I lost a half day of riding because of it. And on the 14 you can't just unplug it to rule it out as a problem. I'm taking it off and wiring a pro armour in to the kill switch wires on the bars. Then if there is an issue I can unplug it and take it out of
The system.

mlambe

Reaction score
I just installed the OEM tether on my 13 M800 and have the same code flashing. ECU 12. Bigdog67.... did you figure out the issue?

mlambe

Reaction score
I found one of the coil plugs got pulled apart when I was pulling at the wiring. Plugged back in and working great!

Also, to anyone trying to pop out the connectors in the plug.... use a 1 3/4" long paper clip and insert 9/16" into plug to release the connectors. It works like a charm!

Top Bottom