Tether help

snowslut

Reaction score
Has anyone installed the polaris model tether. The wire colors don't match up on my rmk from the manual and don't want to short anything out. I could use some help

ducati

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Should be a direct plug in to the wiring harness. Mine i mounted the tether between the fuel cap and the switches then just ran the wires a few inches over to the wiring harness which is located under the hood in a velcro wrapped bundle. Inside the bundle is a set of wires with a plug that matches the tether plug.

Mine is a 2013 Pro RMK.

nwoprormk

Reaction score
Should be a direct plug in to the wiring harness. Mine i mounted the tether between the fuel cap and the switches then just ran the wires a few inches over to the wiring harness which is located under the hood in a velcro wrapped bundle. Inside the bundle is a set of wires with a plug that matches the tether plug.

Mine is a 2013 Pro RMK.

X2......Remove hood. Valcro Bag on overstruture has a two emty plugs . One says "Accessory". Use the other one. Done

snowslut

Reaction score
image.jpg Yours looked like this ?

waynemags

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anyone installed the polaris model tether. The wire colors don't match up on my rmk from the manual and don't want to short anything out. I could use some help
what year. if newer should be a two prong plug under hood by the steering post that matches the tether you bought. I just did mine. no cutting

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The instructions and the extra two wires on the tether are for the old style sleds where you had to tie the tether into the ignition switch.

CRASHMAN

Reaction score
Need your help I have a 14 pro mounted kill switch and plugged in to plug in Velcro bag by steer post and will not. Start

snowslut

Reaction score
When you unplug your tether and put it back to stock does it start up? If so maybe it's a faulty connection

CRASHMAN

Reaction score
I got it to work just removed washer ,switch was not making contact works fine now thanks anyways

Handlebarsnbullets

Reaction score
You should put the washer back in but behind the plastic.
Less chance of it pulling the switch through the plastic in the event the tether freezes on. JMO

Top Bottom