Terra Alps Clutching on M1000

Terra Alps Racing inc.

Reaction score
Hey Jared whats with all the trash talking? got something to say give me a call.
Seeing your posts you have no idea what your talking about so you shouldn't be missimforming people or bashing our company and my families livelyhood.
When you sent in your cyls. for porting and my head mod you were on a budget and couldn't afford a clutch kit! forgot already? So I helped you out with a bit of a deal. I guess you forgot about that already as well. Nice to see our clients apprieciate some of the things we do for them. If linderman is so good you should have sent them there. you waited 6-8 weeks which is normal for October and November. We are booked 3 months+. We recommend sending them in the May to Aug if you want a faster turn around.
The motors I design are my own, I build and test them in the mtns which others and 95% of them don't because there all back east on the flats. For my building days with engine tech years ago we had a good time with hrs on the phone relaying information. I did all the testing for the motors we built out west in the mtns here also did the hillclimb and grass and snow drags to support our motors and selling them. But when I waited 7+ months for cylinders and parts that our clients prepaid for I couldn't do biz that way. when e.t. was shut down and I had him make me heads for my motors to help him out, with big bore ski specs then he sold them to other shops like mtn magic that owed me money I ended our business venture.
So jared you know nothing. et never had porting or a head mod for a m7 like yours.
We had a clients M1000 with a rk clutch kit it backshifted ok but didn't upshift. we tested it. He now has our kit and it flies.
Our clutch kit consists of a primary spring, a set of weights and our custom helix. it gives good upshift, arm pulling acceleration and good backshift.
I don't recommend a 44/40 helix, tested it.

have any questions give us a call or email.

Thanks Ted,

Terra Alps Racing inc.

Reaction score
Also jared if your father in law has an xp with a 860 split second with my head on it with a 800 dome modified for a 860 big bore kit. I don't recommend it. Should run 40-50% race fuel per tank to be safe. or he can purchase a set of our 860 domes and run pump gas.

Terra Alps Racing inc.

Reaction score
just installed the kit on my 2008 m1000. only took it for a rip on the grass before and after very impressed. only concern is the spring that i changed in the primary seem much lighter which could be an issue in the hills?

First try it, we have lots of clients all running in the mtns with our clutch kits, guys weighing 150-250+ lbs. If theres an issue give us a call and we'll fix the issue.
Glad to hear you like it.

mphfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thats all he was using when I had my stuff done and was looking for clutch kits! I had my head and jugs done he promised me 2 weeks but ended up being 3 months :eek:. but he does like to use others designs he used to copy engine techs motor designs but he still makes a good product mine didnt last more than 150 km's but the xp I bought has a terra alps head in it and works good

No better place to get bashed but the internet when someone is hideing behind a keyboard.

m1000db

Reaction score
I Purchased the M1000 clutch kit from Ted, have since added a full D&D pipe & boondocker fuel controler. It is an unbeliveable how the front skis do not leave tracks in the snow when the hammer is down. This kit was definitely worth the $ and would recomend it to anyone with an m1000, with or with out the pipe.

Stonehands

Reaction score
Still waitin on a clutch combo that supposedly will work with yur 975?????

Now that sounds like the kinda service Tow Rope Teddy is known for.

Reminds me of those commercials you see for fast food burgers and the burgers look so good and fresh and juicy. Then you sit in the drive through wondering why they call it fast food and end up getting some shriveled up excuse of a burger.

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Personally, I've not dealt with Terra Alps, however I feel obligated to add my 2 cents. Clutching has many variables including rider weight, machine mods, snow conditions, etc, etc. There is no "kit" that will cover the range of conditions that a machine will be subjected to at all times. You can set a machine up to ride in fluff @ 8000', and it will not work the same in wet snow @ 6000'. When you are dealing with any vendor, the more information you can provide, the better. I suspect Ted (and every other tuner that makes his living in the sled biz) spends a lot of time and effort in making a package work (or they won't be in business long). So to all the consumers out there - I suggest providing as much information as possible, and be realistic in your expectations when testing and comparing product. If you are unhappy with a setup - talk to the vendor first, don't fly off the handle and spread a "virus" on the internet. I for one bought and tested over 15 helixes for a Team TSS-04 secondary before I found a setup I was comfortable with on a 04 Rev 800, but that's the price you pay for trying to "improve" a system that was designed and tested with engineers, professional riders, and a lot of R&D time and money. Personally, I would be happy to have a starting point from which to fine tune a machine for me, so hats off to those like Ted, Kelsey, BJ, and the likes of them.

Terra Alps Racing inc.

Reaction score
Still waitin on a clutch combo that supposedly will work with yur 975?????

First I guess you need to ride it ashman, its been like 2 years the sled has sitting in your shop. I gave you a set up, you have a bunch of parts use what I mentioned. Forgot already. try a 52/44 helix for mtns, 57/50 flat lands, stock sec spring, 140/310 pri spring and 68 -70 gram weights that will work with your slp pipes.
So I would say your not waiting for a clutch kit, get out and ride your sled.

Ted,

Terra Alps Racing inc.

Reaction score
Now that sounds like the kinda service Tow Rope Teddy is known for.

Reminds me of those commercials you see for fast food burgers and the burgers look so good and fresh and juicy. Then you sit in the drive through wondering why they call it fast food and end up getting some shriveled up excuse of a burger.

Again this key board racer not knowing what hes talking about. LOL

For those who have heard but don't know tow rope was a so called competition, back 10 years ago when mod motors were cool. we all had our days of going thru issues and getting towed home was one way of getting to the truck. I got pulled out 5 times ? one season blowing the cylinders off the cases. I think I won that years competition. Mostly Butt Wipe won with his 1000 t cat, I'm sure he was consistantly pulled out 6- 10 times a year till just a few years ago. LOL

sc800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got to try out my HELIX from Terra Alps racing along with BDX rollers. WHAT a difference! Much more snap off the line and mid range and the same finish! I also run a AC gold spring in primary and about 83.5 grams of weight(dalton adjustables). I have D&D y-pipe and can also. Thank you TED! Put 42 miles on it and love it so far!!

Top Bottom