Terra Alps Clutching on M1000

rigrat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good day. Thinking about trying the Terra alps clutch setup on my M1000. Anybody have any experience with the Terra Alps setup and how did you like it. Thanks.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
last time I was talking to teddy he was using a basic dalton weight and helix setup if you have to send it to ted dont expect it back for a few months lol should be a solid setup ted uses a lot of others designs if not his then try a nice team clutch I really like mine on my xp works great

rigrat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Talked to Ted on the phone a few days ago and he said i could stick with my existing Dalton adjustable weights and recommended a spring and helix change. Real good guy to talk to on the phone. Would sure like to hear from someone using the setup he has on his website. Looks like he builds some nice stuff. Thanks.

markoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't have any experience with his cluthcing. I would like to recommend RKTEK secondary. I run this setup and I am finally happy with my clutching.

rigrat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't have any experience with his cluthcing. I would like to recommend RKTEK secondary. I run this setup and I am finally happy with my clutching.

Can you let me know a little more about your combination? Thanks.

markoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My primary is stock. secondary is rktek torsional setup. I also have extra motor mounts and a few vents and I no longer have belt issues. I can run up a hill two or three times and can still put my hand on my clutch. I also don't lose rpm any more while pulling a long hill. Nice thing about rktek setup is the belt deflection and the spring tension is adjustable.

rigrat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My primary is stock. secondary is rktek torsional setup. I also have extra motor mounts and a few vents and I no longer have belt issues. I can run up a hill two or three times and can still put my hand on my clutch. I also don't lose rpm any more while pulling a long hill. Nice thing about rktek setup is the belt deflection and the spring tension is adjustable.

Is your sled stock? I am running a bunch of venting, Timbersled intake, full SLP exhaust, Linderman head mod for premium fuel, Powercommander V, stock primary clutch with Dalton adjustables and stock secondary clutch with 046 belt. Would sure like to hear from someone running the Terre Alps clutch setup also. Thanks.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how does your rktek shift I heard from a few that they really liked shifting down but not so much upshifting? ya ted is good if u dont send the work to him or you may never get it back until next season

rigrat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What Ted recommended was a primary + secondary spring and helix change. Linderman recommended a 44/40 helix and different intake. Ted did not state what helix angles he prefers. Both said using the Dalton adjustables in the primary was fine.

markoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No my sled isn't stock. I have the full rktek setup with porting, rktek head, and speedwerx exhaust. with all my mods my sled would still backshift poorly with stock clutch even though i had hi-torque rollers and shift assist. I went to rktek secondary and my clutching problems were gone.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
cool just checkin heard a few things but never asked someone who had one glad to hear it works! go with linderman to be completely that guy is an arctic cat guru he knows his stuff i used to live in lundbreck 15 minutes from lindermans house and seen his stuff run it really works no regrets with his stuff

mark4

Reaction score
Good day. Thinking about trying the Terra alps clutch setup on my M1000. Anybody have any experience with the Terra Alps setup and how did you like it. Thanks.

I have a Terra Alps clutch kit on my 1000 that has a y-pipe and can, I won the kelowna grass 2 weekends ago with it. Works awesome, Beat out all other 1000's and xp and revs with nitrous.

And jared for your info its a custom Terra Alps helix and there not dalton weights

Attachments

• m1000.jpg
    m1000.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 368

mark4

Reaction score
how does your rktek shift I heard from a few that they really liked shifting down but not so much upshifting? ya ted is good if u dont send the work to him or you may never get it back until next season

Sounds like youve delt with him before, what did ya get done?

rigrat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a Terra Alps clutch kit on my 1000 that has a y-pipe and can, I won the kelowna grass 2 weekends ago with it. Works awesome, Beat out all other 1000's and xp and revs with nitrous.

And jared for your info its a custom Terra Alps helix and there not dalton weights
Ted did tell me he used different primary weights but said my Daltons would work fine. So is your sled stock other than Y and can? Thanks for the reply.

mark4

Reaction score
My motor is fully stock. It just has a bmp can, D&D y-pipe, Terra Alps clutch kit, and a Terra Alps air horn

Longhairfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

He is cloning helixes now too?

m1000db

Reaction score
just installed the kit on my 2008 m1000. only took it for a rip on the grass before and after very impressed. only concern is the spring that i changed in the primary seem much lighter which could be an issue in the hills?

mphfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

If using high tension springs it will hold the upshift.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

thats all he was using when I had my stuff done and was looking for clutch kits! I had my head and jugs done he promised me 2 weeks but ended up being 3 months :eek:. but he does like to use others designs he used to copy engine techs motor designs but he still makes a good product mine didnt last more than 150 km's but the xp I bought has a terra alps head in it and works good

Top Bottom