Terra alps 800R head and porting

White Whale

Reaction score
I am thinking about trying the Terra Alps head and porting package on my 08 Summit. Just wondering if anyone else has had work done by Terra Alps, and how it all turned out.

rwjk0

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run Trygstads hillclimb race porting with crankshop twins and it is a real sweet setup. Not the same name, but some info on porting anyways.
On the dyno real world numbers it made 17hp over a stock setup.

Stonehands

Reaction score
I am thinking about trying the Terra Alps head and porting package on my 08 Summit. Just wondering if anyone else has had work done by Terra Alps, and how it all turned out.

If Teds porting on other motors is anything like the porting he did on my friends Polaris 800 then your wasting your money. What a joke. My son could have done the same job with some sand paper.

linkin_park_453

Reaction score

mines a 2010 summit 800 and im running his head and porting and its a wicked machine now!!!if that means anything to you

Terra Alps Racing inc.

Reaction score
If Teds porting on other motors is anything like the porting he did on my friends Polaris 800 then your wasting your money. What a joke. My son could have done the same job with some sand paper.

LOL, stonehands you are one of the #@$%^^$%#$ I have seen on here, I know, you know nothing of porting, your buds very rich 08 pol 800, had a fuel controller that only added fuel. "dobeck style" I know you forgot already, So I told him to buy a PV5 which he did then I sent him a couple fuel maps which he never did install yet. I did talk to him.
Your son well we won't go there, you will need over $1000 in porting tools to get in there and do what I did to that motor and it has more porting then you would imagine if you ever seen it. thru the cases and transfer and the exhaust ports. Since you know nothing about porting I guess it rests. maybe on your other toy.
Try to bash someone you can at least back your poor comments. Makes you look bad.

cheers,

Duct tape Doo

Reaction score
I put a Terra Alps 13.5:1 head, Y pipe and Teds air box mod on my 08 last fall, No drama, Thanks Ted

skeeter800x

Reaction score
Had a head on my 08 with airbox mod done by Ted. Sled was great; I will miss it. Went to 2011 e-tec; considering a new head for that machine.

Top Bottom