Telus I phone

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I want a new telus I phone and have heard from a few dudes that the rural service is not so good and seems to drop a lot of calls etc. (Full bars and won't dial out etc.)

I think blackberry's suck for reception too compared to my krazr.

Has anybody got one and what is your take?

johndeereman346

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I want a new telus I phone and have heard from a few dudes that the rural service is not so good and seems to drop a lot of calls etc. (Full bars and won't dial out etc.)

I think blackberry's suck for reception too compared to my krazr.

Has anybody got one and what is your take?

I got a new bb blod last sunday on the 3g network and im pissed im down town ft mac and cant get a call to connect or recieve messages im told itll equal the old network in 6 months i cant wait 6 months to make a phone call. grrr rawr sorry lil rant. but i heard guys with i phone no issues.

Bandit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got a telus i phone a couple weeks ago, and love it. reception it great. I have a motorola phone supplied for work, and carrying them both the iphone will have service where the regular one won't. And the stuff it does is awesome. Best phone I have ever had. If you do get one, get the Otter case for it, very impressive.

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Which model do you guys have, maybe it is just one of them. I believe there is 8,16 or 32 gig.

thanks

TBirtles

Reaction score
I have one, it definately isn't as good in the rural areas, however would recommend it anyway. The features that this phone has is incredible, far more than blackberry or any other phone on the market. I think I've only lost two calls in the last month, and when called back right after the call was dropped, it was clear as a bell. I've never not been able to make a call with full bars.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I want to take a hammer to my iphone POS. Atleast 1/3 of the my calls are dropped, if they even go though. Terrible reception. This is with rogers, never had any issues with my other phones with them. The internet and email is good, but the phone part is TERRIBLE. By far the worst phone i've ever had my brother has the exact same issues. And the durability is a joke, less then a year old and they are coming apart and look like they are 5 years old, and I treat it great compared to past phones they took it much better.

RETODD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.valemountvacationrental.com
I'm buying the TELUS iPhone 3GS 32Gig for the wife for Christmas...polled a ton of folks and keep hearing that the Rogers call drop/reception has become a painful issue to those users. The TELUS 3G+ network has been online since November 1st and anyone I've talked to has had no issues what so ever...a buddy of mine up in Ft. Mac is ecstatic with his new iPhone. My 2c.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm buying the TELUS iPhone 3GS 32Gig for the wife for Christmas...polled a ton of folks and keep hearing that the Rogers call drop/reception has become a painful issue to those users. The TELUS 3G+ network has been online since November 1st and anyone I've talked to has had no issues what so ever...a buddy of mine up in Ft. Mac is ecstatic with his new iPhone. My 2c.

Rogers is part of the problem, but so is the iphone. I don't know if the 3GS is much better as I have the 3G but I will never buy another one to find out. With old phones I wouldn't have great reception but my calls wouldn't drop, now they do, if a call doesn't drop I am suprised. I cannot count how many times I have to phone someone back 3-4 times to have a 10 min conversation. I am so sick of it.

greenlightning86

Reaction score
I have had a iphone with Rogers for year and half (since they offically came to Canada) and I have only dropped a couple calls. I get great reciption everywhere in the City, out at the farm, while camping. Never had any big issues. Put an invisable shield on by Zagg. This helps take care of it and doesn't add any bulk. Overall I have been very pleased with the phone.

Top Bottom