Telkwa Pass

MEVV

Reaction score
Hey, we're thinking about camping the Telkwa Pass with the quads this summer. Has anybody done a trip like this? Any suggestions would be great!

whitegold

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Telkwa pass is a great area to camp at. There are quite a few camp sites along the road with facilities and creeks beside them. Bring a saw for making firewood.

There is also some great riding up on the mic..... but don't forget the bug dope.... the bugs can get real nasty out that way.

The first couple of pics are from the trail down the pass to top lake... the second couple of pics are from on top of the Microwave.

Have fun!

Attachments

• DIGI0012.jpg
    DIGI0012.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 168
  • DIGI0018.jpg
    DIGI0018.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 215
  • 096.jpg
    096.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 163
  • 102.jpg
    102.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 156

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haha.. I remeber helpin paint the inside of the old cabin up the mic back in the say. Would've been back in the early to mid 90's.. We used to do alot of dirtbikin up there back then when i lived in smithers. Once the high water level goes down are you still able to make it all the way thru the pass to terrace side? I know there are some pretty good water crossings.

AB RANGER 007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Telkwa pass is a great area to camp at. There are quite a few camp sites along the road with facilities and creeks beside them. Bring a saw for making firewood.

There is also some great riding up on the mic..... but don't forget the bug dope.... the bugs can get real nasty out that way.

The first couple of pics are from the trail down the pass to top lake... the second couple of pics are from on top of the Microwave.

Have fun!

wg, woud you by chance have the GPS Lat/Long of the #102 JPG?

Bruce.

whitegold

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haha.. I remeber helpin paint the inside of the old cabin up the mic back in the say. Would've been back in the early to mid 90's.. We used to do alot of dirtbikin up there back then when i lived in smithers. Once the high water level goes down are you still able to make it all the way thru the pass to terrace side? I know there are some pretty good water crossings.

It is actually easier to get thru the pass now.... there is a bridge over Milk Creek which was the biggest problem before the bridge was put in. The trail around Top Lake is somewhat grown in but you can get thru with a quad... it is a bit tight with a 4X4. There is a fantastic looking slide just on the other side of Top Lake.

I will attach a google earth placemark for the last pic ( the old microwave cabin ) if you don't have google earth just let me know and I will send you the actually longatude and latitude.

Attachments

• Microwave Cabin.kmz
    536 bytes · Views: 64

AB RANGER 007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It is actually easier to get thru the pass now.... there is a bridge over Milk Creek which was the biggest problem before the bridge was put in. The trail around Top Lake is somewhat grown in but you can get thru with a quad... it is a bit tight with a 4X4. There is a fantastic looking slide just on the other side of Top Lake.

I will attach a google earth placemark for the last pic ( the old microwave cabin ) if you don't have google earth just let me know and I will send you the actually longatude and latitude.

Got it, :cool: thanks for your help. Who to-day does not have GE.

Bruce.

Top Bottom