Tekvest for women

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am curious to know many women would like to see tekvest make a womens specific version? If you ladies think that i'd work better or be more comfortable than the unisex version currently available. Seein how's i know us guys aint built the same as you gals.

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Little less width in the shoulders would be great :) Restricts movement a bit and digs into your arms and neck. Little bit of boob room wouldn't hurt either :rolleyes: Well, just a little for me - others may need more....:eek:

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Little less width in the shoulders would be great :) Restricts movement a bit and digs into your arms and neck. Little bit of boob room wouldn't hurt either :rolleyes: Well, just a little for me - others may need more....:eek:

Never mind the boob room for me- I'm built like a 12 year old boy!! Oh wait: I'm wearing a 12 year old boy's chest protector :rolleyes::eek: It is a youth Medium and is from SixSixOne. I love the width and the snug fit, I just wish it was a little longer in the torso...

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Never mind the boob room for me- I'm built like a 12 year old boy!! Oh wait: I'm wearing a 12 year old boy's chest protector :rolleyes::eek: It is a youth Medium and is from SixSixOne. I love the width and the snug fit, I just wish it was a little longer in the torso...

You're the sexiest darn 12 year old I've seen :eek:

Thanks for the youth tip, was thinking of checking out the youth stuff...tried a 661 and it was ok. And you know that I won't need anything longer in the torso :rolleyes:

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm still wearing my thor dirt biking chest protector. Would love something that fit well, but wasn't bulky, poky or restrictive.

Popsiclestand

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You ladies really need to check out Dainese bicycle gear! Fits far better than any of the 661 etc gear.

PINKalicious

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i looked at them but i did not see chest protection only back?
i have the same as sledmamma, from 661 but i did take it apart and remake it as it was to large in the shoulders and was ridding up around my neck...its great i sew but it is a pain having to add or remove on a brand new item lol!

Glen is this one unisex Sled Divas Pure Snow TekVestSuper Sport Model or not?

longer in the body and room for the girls please!!!

snoqueen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've got the 661, but HATE wearing it. The kidney belt rides up, and the front part bulges out. Let's face it...they just aren't built for women!! Would LOVE to see women specific chest protectors, but not pricey like the Tekvests.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i looked at them but i did not see chest protection only back?
i have the same as sledmamma, from 661 but i did take it apart and remake it as it was to large in the shoulders and was ridding up around my neck...its great i sew but it is a pain having to add or remove on a brand new item lol!

Glen is this one unisex Sled Divas Pure Snow TekVestSuper Sport Model or not?

longer in the body and room for the girls please!!!

Idont know if that one is designed specifically for women or if they just added pink to it. I have never seen this one before.

Skadi

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i went with an EVS revo 4 and LOVE IT!!!!!! so much less restrictive, has all the needed chest protection but not a ton of other garbage. plenty adjustable... doesn't have the silly kidney belt thing that ends up riding up to your boobs every time you lift your shoulders. and best of all, it's AFFORDABLE... in the $60 range rather than HUNDREDS... which hundreds is TOTALLY silly if you ask me! (especially when you spend all that money to find out you don't like the fit! Sometimes it's not obvious until you get all your gear on and actually ride in it! i had a core saver before that and fought it for years (hated it).

what i look for out of a chest protector.
-affordable
-soft fabric on the inside (doesn't need to be fur, just soft cause it usually goes as one of my first layers)
-adjustable
-only covers the important areas (which to me are NOT bulky shoulder guards that dig into my shoulder wiht my back pack straps on. I'm looking for chest protection, something to disperse the blo if I go over the bars or into a tree/rock.
-I don't need back protection, just more bulk to make my backpack not fit and I ALWAYS wear my backpack with a shovel in it so my spine should be pretty well protected from impact.
-would rather money was put into making a better product than adding pink to it or colors. it goes under my jersey anyway (but I know some people wear them on top of everything...)

powderpilot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I tried Em's EVS vest on and it is awesome! Like she said, a little padded on the inside in the front, and only a soft material on the back part, no hard plastic plate. Backpack is comfy to wear with it. I just got my Alpinestars, women's stell bionic flack jacket (around $300 by the time it got here). I will be returning it, and ordering up the EVS.

Top Bottom