Tech vests

gartho

Reaction score
considering buying a tech vest,those who r using them,what kind r they and how do u like them. It seems like it could be a little on the restricting side. Any feed back would be great. :D

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wear an older tekvest similar to the trail pro. After a couple of rides, you dont even notice it... until you need it.
Got a friend with multiple dents and marks in his vest. Definitely saved him from minor and major injuries.

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't wear an actual Tekvest.. I wear a Thor chest protector. I know I'm thankful for it. At first it felt awkward, but after a few rides I didn't even notice I was wearing it.. till I smacked a Tree and ended up in my handlebars... and the time I kind of lawn darted into a ditch... And the time.... I trust you get where I'm going with this.. :) Multiple times that vest has saved my ribs and who knows what other injuries. I think whatever you choose it's a wise decision to wear a protective vest.

I was trying chest protectors on in the store the other day.. I may go TLD for this season.

gartho

Reaction score
Thanx or the reply,for sure they can save your bacon!!!!! It appears the klim style looks the most comfortable,prob add more heat tho?

Redturbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got a B-wear vest, it feels werid not wearing it. Guess its kinda feels like wearing hockey pads. I dont notice it anymore, you can take the shoulder pad off if you want. There made in Quebec, I met the lady @ haydays. She is a very nice person, F-bomb(snowest) sells her product. I taken the TRX1 a few times in the back, so Im sold on it or any type of personal protection.

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
We sell stock the Freestyle model of the Tekvest. Once you start wearing them you will feel naked without one. Try on a few different kinds and see what is the best fit for you. Really it doesn't matter what you choose just get one!!

Jan

tantrumpipeline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wear my sixsixone under armor it's a chest back kidney elbow protector setup, sold the bikes and it fit under my gear, price is right and seems to work just fine, not into the 270 for a tek when you can get mine for 150 and it does the same

powerteker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
evs has come out with two new vests also. Im gona try the trail vest this year! evs vest 1.jpg evs vest 2.jpg

carlsonswerve

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i ended up buying an vest from snow pulse due to the fact it acts like a tek vest and is still a avalanche pack. very comfortable and doesnt restrict any different then a regular pack

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i got the klim tekvest and it is awesome you dont even notice you are wearing it and man does it ever work and helps keep you warm as well

Turbo-North

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Icon Field Armour.jpg Never ridden with a vest but i picked up an Icon this summer to try. Been over the handle bars more than once and it sucks without one LOL.

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use a Thor impact rig, it's like a shirt with pads on it, can wear it under your jacket. It makes wearing a pack more comfortable as the straps ride on the armor plates, I won't ride without it.

SidewaysInto3rd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
KLIM Technical Riding Gear - Ultimate in Comfort, Fit, Mobility and Protectiony favorite "feature" for the klim tekvest :

-Compatible with Most Popular Fanny Packs

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I where the SixSixOne Body Armor as well.....kidney belt, spine, elbows, fore arms, shoulders and chest protector......kid also wheres this down hill mountain biking...

Attachments

• 2011 661 Body Armor back.jpg
    2011 661 Body Armor back.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 184
  • 661 Body Armor.jpg
    661 Body Armor.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 178

maxbed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I where the SixSixOne Body Armor as well.....kidney belt, spine, elbows, fore arms, shoulders and chest protector......kid also wheres this down hill mountain biking...
whats the cost on one of these run and where can you pick one up?

Blecter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wear a TekVest SX Pro Lite I picked up a few years ago. Was gonna retire it this year and get a new one, but it still just fits on the smallest setting. I lost a little weight haha. Anyways, it's saved my bacon a couple of times. I don't notice it while riding anymore. Worth the money.

Top Bottom