team tied secondary

gdawg

Reaction score
i ride a 08 800 rev xp 154. ive been told these new team tied secondarys are gona be the best out there. im just waiting on my dealer to get them in, then i am going to buy. anyone heard or ran one of them yet, whats your take. also i have a can on my sled is it worth doing the rest of the piping on it?

Ancient Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Only saw it in the sled mags. Heard it will be around a grand to put it all together. I have the older style Team on my ZX and am very happy with it. I am sure the tied clutch will be impressive, also.

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i ride a 08 800 rev xp 154. ive been told these new team tied secondarys are gona be the best out there. im just waiting on my dealer to get them in, then i am going to buy. anyone heard or ran one of them yet, whats your take. also i have a can on my sled is it worth doing the rest of the piping on it?

I have never ran one, but what is wrong with the clutch you have? Put a DJ kit and ramps and spend the rest of the money on a Y-pipe, venting etc. I don't think you are going to see $700 "more better" with a Team clutch. Peel the insulation off your factory pipe and have it coated, way cheaper than a pipe that you won't see gains enough to warent the money...IMO:beer:

jerms

Reaction score
speacialty sleds has a few in stock, I have mine being sent to me now, try it out anyways it was 1000bucks. I dont like the set up on the stock secondary I didnt last year when i bouht it.

Washy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
speacialty sleds has a few in stock, I have mine being sent to me now, try it out anyways it was 1000bucks. I dont like the set up on the stock secondary I didnt last year when i bouht it.

Thats funny, because I went into specialty sleds shop last year to get a TEAM secondary for my 1000 summit, and they told me TEAM clutches were junk. I guess they had a change of heart.

I think this clutch will be pretty good. I did put the TEAM on my 1000 and it was awsome.

flabbajabba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have never ran one, but what is wrong with the clutch you have? Put a DJ kit and ramps and spend the rest of the money on a Y-pipe, venting etc. I don't think you are going to see $700 "more better" with a Team clutch. Peel the insulation off your factory pipe and have it coated, way cheaper than a pipe that you won't see gains enough to warent the money...IMO:beer:

What he said! My buddy bought last years team conv. and not much difference for the $$$ I bought a rooster built clutch kit for $340 I can't tell you the gains yet as I'm waiting to run it. I was told it is close to DJ's kit. I have heard nothing but good things about DJ's kits. I would bet :beer: that you would get more out of your 1000-1500 with a Y pipe/regear/DJ clutch kit then a team sec.

Longhairfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

$1000 for a team! It is clear that you were bent over and bent over good! Remember your only gay if you receive.

j.c.higgins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I believe they are talking about the complete conversion kit (At least i hope!) which includes the clutch and jackshaft, helix, springs etc. Because you can pick up just the clutch for 359cdn thru Rec supply or they have the coversions for around 850cdn.

buckshot

Reaction score
Just the clutch is advertised in the states for 299 plus helix and spring....total is still less then 1000.

Dean10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have a talk with mountain magic, they have set up hundreds of clutches, all types, they have tested and tuned most sleds to the best clutching combonation possible. I picked up a team secondary with a few other parts from them for my 07 rev 800r, and their recommendations worked out perfectly, i was very happy with the knowledge and service i got from them. If you are ever in McBride, drop in on Spindrift Glen, he always has great advice too.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would give the team tied some time before a purchace was made, there is no baseline clutch set up yet and very little testing done. I have the older team and not convinced is worth the money.

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMO the clutch you have is a great clutch "just not out of the box" if you go to a team, I'll take that junky factory clutch off your hands.

P.S I see you are in Red Deer If you need to borrow my XP clutch tool let me know.

Smurff1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats funny, because I went into specialty sleds shop last year to get a TEAM secondary for my 1000 summit, and they told me TEAM clutches were junk. I guess they had a change of heart.

I think this clutch will be pretty good. I did put the TEAM on my 1000 and it was awsome.

I was told the same thing last year...
I put a team on my 1000RT and it is great.:beer:

Top Bottom