TD Bank - SLOW or NO service - Resolved

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks Tyler now you making me feel real old to point out that I been there for 40 years. Ouch,

it's okay Ron, I've ordered you a walker already, charged it to your company Visa on Monday.

Reactions: zal

zal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you feel better now, Ron? Glad it’s all worked out.
Just remember, cancelling cards and changing to new ones affect your credit rating...

Getting a new card number after the first one has been compromised has zero impact on your credit rating. Opening another credit card however does. I've had 3 cards compromised in the last 5 years, ironically all 3 happened within a week of booking a hotel on Expedia.

Uh huh...I can see where you thought different than what I meant. I wasn’t direct enough.

FernieHawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know how you feel...clearing up credit card fraud sucks.

I worked in the Caribbean on and off from 1994 to 2001 and I figure I spent between 150 and 200 hours of my time trying to clear up credit card fraud. I had one US$ card and 2 CDN$ cards...at one point all 3 cards were fraud-ed at the same time and I had a hotel in Barbados give me cash advances while I waited for one of my new cards to be Fed-Ex'd to my hotel. It was brutal...at the time I was working a minimum of 60 hrs a week, all the way up to 100 hrs a week...all the while trying to sort out credit card fraud.

Never had a card fraud-ed in Canada.

Last edited:

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A few years ago I went to the states for groceries and fuel and my card was compromised. Lots of purchases in the southern states but the bank was awesome to deal with.

Dragonalain

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a bank appointment a few weeks ago at td. It was BUSY in there. Ppl deferring their mortgage. He said they closed 3 out of the 4 branches in the city and had all the employees at the other branches just answering phones. If you want phone customer service don’t go to Scotiabank they are the worst even in a non pandemic time. Used to bank there but they would never answer their phones.

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
About 5 years ago I got a call out of the blue from BMO Mastercard, they asked if I was in the Ukraine that day, I said no, they told me my card was put on hold and would get back to me soon. Called me back about an hour later said somebody used my card in the Ukraine to purchase a car, BMO caught it, froze the card and sent me a new one.

I thought that was pretty good.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm with ATB, so far I've never had any issues with service, they even gave my fiance $350 and me $150 for her to switch from RBC to ATB.

That being said they no longer call when my Mastercard is compromised, they just suspend it and then I have to call to get a new one. Still no big deal, I don't think I've ever had to be on the phone with them for more than 10 minutes.

rebel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Two years ago my atb Mastercard was nailed 5 different times. Everytime it was settled over the phone. Only pain in the ass was waiting for a new card.
Lowest charge was a dollar. Highest one I ever had was 8000 for flights out of saudi Arabia.
Narrowed it down and stopped using it the two places I thought it might be in town and it quit happening. Atb said jasper is a hot spot for skimmed cards.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a bank appointment a few weeks ago at td. It was BUSY in there. Ppl deferring their mortgage. He said they closed 3 out of the 4 branches in the city and had all the employees at the other branches just answering phones. If you want phone customer service don’t go to Scotiabank they are the worst even in a non pandemic time. Used to bank there but they would never answer their phones.
Its getting to the point where someone can answer a phone that kills me. Takes like 10 prompts to get to paydirt.

Top Bottom