Tatou 4S Problems (I think)

Meetro

Reaction score
Need some help,

I have a 2009 Suzuki KQ 750XI, with 2" Lift and Tatou 4s Tracks, I just noticed a clicking sound coming from the rear. The interesting part is it only happens when in reverse and seems like it happens to switch sides depending if im turning left and right. I actually started noticing this clicking sound when i ripped both rear lower CV boots, just fiished the replacement of the boots and the clicking is still there. During the test drive in forward motion it definietly has all the power still and runs very good.

My next step is too take off the tracks and put the tires back on and hopefully narrow it down to the track or the quad. but hopfully someone can help me out and save the time of trouble shooting

Thank you

van isle

Reaction score
The clicking sound is a bad CV axle. Most likely when you ripped the boot drit would have gotten into the CV joint and wore the surface of the parts. They now click because the bind ever so slightly as they rotate.

Meetro

Reaction score
The part I'm confused about is it only happens in reverse and seems to really click when I'm in reverse and turning, I would think the bad cv axle the clicking would happen all the time even in forward.

But yes I ran the quad through he field and through the river lots not knowing the boot was ripped so ya probably not good for it Haahaha

Is it harmful to the run re quad like that? Just worried about Breaking down in the middle of no were hahahah, cause that seems to be when it happens hahahahah

Mongrol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is it a steady clicking sound that repeats as you are backing up or just once or twice?

Sometimes the anti rotation device on the track will click when it hits the stop but it'll just do it a couple of times.

munhoez

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In a Dakota R/T, down by the South Sask. River
cv axle, did u clean out the joints when u rebboted them?( meaning did u take ur cv joints apart and clean out all of the junk that was in there and repack cup and knuckle w cv grease?) Once u ride around with junk in the cv's for an extended period of time in water and grit u do damage to the cage,balls and sometimes cup., so yes it was harmfull, ur probly gonna have to fork up the money for new cv's axles. I'm pretty sure they dont ,make aftermarketcv's for that yr of model yet......Im pretyy sure if u take it apart, it will be a little rusty, and have some scars on the surfaces.

Meetro

Reaction score
As i back up there is no clicking noise, But when i turn then it becomes a constant clicking

I just cleaned the cv joint as good as i could before regreasing, but no i did not take them fully apart.

The lift kit is just the spacer style, pretty much just a spacer between the shock and a-arm i guess one would say

Talking to a couple people too i guess suzuki is well know for ripping cv boots especially ones witha 2" lift due to putting the axle on a constant high angle. I was told to try maybe a 1 1/2 spacer lift kit to cut down on the angle. But again i will have to check it out cause camoplast recommended a 2" lift with the KQ and the tracks.

munhoez

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep its ur cv,
i know camoplast recommends a lift, but i have installed tatou 4s onto a 09 750, with out no lift, it only rubbed the inner skirts when turned hard left or right, just barely rubs, i just jacked the shocks up 2 notches, and no more rubbin.
They also make a 1" lift for about a 100 bucks and its 2 aluminum plates that bolt to lower shock mount,w a spacer, and bottom of shock bolts to those plates. With 26" swamp foxes, and that 1" lift i get 12.75" front and 13.25" rear height.
Did u install the alum heel plates as well?

Mongrol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The heel plates solve the occasional rubbing the happens on certain models of A/C, Yam, & Suz.

This is a pic of some home made one's built out of discarded aluminum road signs.

Attachments

• hubs and skid plate 003.jpg
    hubs and skid plate 003.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 104
  • hubs and skid plate 004.jpg
    hubs and skid plate 004.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 95

Meetro

Reaction score
Yup got the alumininum heel plates,

I think i will try the 1"-1.5" lift to solve the extreme angle of the axle, and a little easier of the CV's

But guess i will just continue to run the quad untill i have to replace the CV's,

Thanks for all Your Input

Attachments

• 111.jpg
    111.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 84
  • 222.jpg
    222.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 68

munhoez

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup got the alumininum heel plates,

I think i will try the 1"-1.5" lift to solve the extreme angle of the axle, and a little easier of the CV's

But guess i will just continue to run the quad untill i have to replace the CV's,

Thanks for all Your Input

Well running around till u need to replace cv's is not a good idea, unless u r made of money i wouldn't recommend it. Saying that, the front cv shaft is close to 380/shaft, and ur rear cv shaft is close to $360/shaft.
And no one makes a jobber cv axle for ur king......yet.

Top Bottom