2009 Arctic Cat 700 Mud Pro Drivetrain Issues

Rippentear

Reaction score
Gentlemen,

The front steering kept locking up and started leaking gear oil on the last trip. I just replaced the front CV's and seals.
After installation, I tested the quad and there is no difference. The steering keeps locking when turning and it sounds like something is still clicking. I adjusted the shocks in hope to reduce the front CV angle. Did not help.

I am going to check the rear drivetrain but i can't see it affecting the steering. My only thoughts could be the front differential locking mechanism (which I do not have engaged).

Any advice would be appreciated. Call or text (780)886-5603 if you prefer.

Rippentear

Reaction score
Sounds like your 4x4 actuator is going south. If the boot for diff lock gets ripped it will allow water in. Are you getting any error codes ?Here is a link that might help
Actuator repair guide with pics - ArcticChat.com - Arctic Cat Forum

I am not getting any error codes but I will have a better look at the boot for diff lock. Thanks for the repair guide. I will tear into it and reply back with any findings.

I appreciate the assistance.
Thanks

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
you should be able to hear if your 4x4 actuator is working or not, turn the key on, and flip the 4x4 switch back and forth, you'll hear noise from the black box on the left side of the front diff.

I know when I had my Cat I had to replace it......

Top Bottom