Tango trailer owners comments please

Haggis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Looking to pickup our first RV trailer and have been looking at the Tango models - would anyone have one and be able to offer some owner feedback please.

Thanks,

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
I over looked all the Tangos because they have a lower series that have all the same floor plans. I found it tough to justify an extra 8-10 grand for rims and fancy cubboard doors and counter tops. If you have a RV now you realize you are in them very little ourselves we are around the fire or sleeping in the trailer thats our camping. Unless you are planning on living in it maybe you want the fancier stuff it, but for camping you don't need all that. Save the money for generator and camping gear to make camping easier

Haggis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks - I am totally new to trailers so value your input. My wife and I have two children (one now and the other due in 2 months) and I liked the bunk bed floor plan that was sealed off, that way you can put the kids down and still be able to walk around without waking them up. I also liked the insulated floor and 'all season' package. I drove down to Calgary this afternoon and counted 4 of them on hwy2 - they seem to be getting popular.

gladerunner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you want the ultimate in a trailer toy hauler...check out these trailers

2009 Nitrous Hyperlite ...now that's a trailer

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We recently bought a trailer. When shopping we looked at lots, and lots and lots.....It was exhausting and confusing. Tango was one of the ones we liked and yes, you do see many of the them on the road and at the sites. We ended up with a different unit ourselves. Unlike Murm we decided on a trailer that had all the upgrades. Our thoughts were on buying something we could keep for a very long time. I know that many people will upgrade after a couple years in their first trailer. Also were told over and over that many people make the mistake of not getting exactly what they need and in the first year take a huge loss to upgrade. We are hoping to avoid all of that. So far we are VERY happy with our purchase. We did find it difficult to decided. It seemed that once you got into a certain floor plan and things you liked, that every manufacturer had one similar in quality and price. Tough decision for sure! We went with a brand that is well known for qaulity and longevity. One of the other ones we liked was a Coachman hardwall at Woodys. All accessories included and good to go off the showroom floor. Price and quality was excellent. We drove by recently and noticed that almost all of the units on the lot were gone.

rotormech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes definatly get what you want the first,dont say we dont nned that and this will be lots of room.we had a 25 ft 5th for 3 years and now have a 33ft 5th and should have got it the first time.if you arent living in it or using it in the winter the one thing you dont need to spend extra on is all the winterized stuff,it expensive for windows heated tank etc.good luck

billr

Reaction score
We just purchase a 2007 Tango RKS2660.
This floor plan with the rear kitchen is exactly waht we wanted.
Have not had a chance to try it out yet and that may have to wait until next spring.
Bill

Haggis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We just purchase a 2007 Tango RKS2660.
This floor plan with the rear kitchen is exactly waht we wanted.
Have not had a chance to try it out yet and that may have to wait until next spring.
Bill

Did you get a good price at end of year????

oldernotwiser

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have a 08 2790 bhss. bunks with slide. It is a great trailer and has some higher end options for the same price as lower end units. If you buy one get the dealer to change the plastic lines on the water pump (noisy) Once this is done, nothing to complain about after almost two summers. Pulls nice too.

Bunn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree with the others in getting what you want the first time.Spend the extra cash,get the upgrades,you won't regret it. Just make sure you have the right vehicle to pull what your looking at.Too many people "over purchase" the trailer and then have to spend another $45,000-60,000 on a new truck after the first pull.The bigger the truck the better.

Bunn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh,just one more thing.Make sure the trailer you purchase has "LOTS and LOTS" of cuboards and storage.Our trailer has a lot of storage but we still some how found a way to fill it.Every year we add a hand full of more stuff.

ltw

Reaction score
Hi, I sent you a post earlier but don't know if you got it. I have for sale a 2008 Tango 289BH with all accessories to go along with it if you need it. This thing is mint. Used very little. I would do a part trade with one of your sleds.............Thanks Larry. Email me if interested or call me at 306-441-9596

Fritzie650

Reaction score
We have a Tango Trailer for sale and not because we don't like it just that we haven't been able to use it. It's a 2008 23'10" Tango Model 217BH
It's in mint condition as we only have used it 3 times.

I love Tango - they are well made and we have had no problems at all with ours.

If your interested in our trailer it is listed on Craig's List.

Thanks,

Zar

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have a 08 2790 bhss. bunks with slide. It is a great trailer and has some higher end options for the same price as lower end units. If you buy one get the dealer to change the plastic lines on the water pump (noisy) Once this is done, nothing to complain about after almost two summers. Pulls nice too.

What so you recommend to change the water lines too ( copper or Ipex) ?

drford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my brother owns one and likes it but still same problems as others most parts are generically used in these things he has only had bad luck with his inverter is all

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My neighbors have one, apart from their inverter crapping out, the mirror for their bathroom falling off and smashing into a million pieces, and the linoleum cracking right up the hallway,.. they seem to like it.

We are still happy with our 2004 Jayco Jayflight, been an awesome unit and not going to trade it off anytime soon.

X-RS Doo

Reaction score
Hi,

Looking to pickup our first RV trailer and have been looking at the Tango models - would anyone have one and be able to offer some owner feedback please.

Thanks,

We bought our Tango 257BH three years ago from Field of RV Dreams in Calgary. We really like the trailer other than the fact that it doesn't have the a slideout. The quality is great for the price you pay and our dealership is really good to deal with. We are thinking about selling it to upgrade to a larger Tango trailer with a slide or possibly a fifth wheel.

Big kid 33

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what ever you buy make sure it has a slide we have a 24' wanderer it seems small for long trips without a slide

mountaincamp

Reaction score

If the only problem is noisy pump water lines, you're still ahead of the trailer race as I own a 276rbs with noisy lines but best built on the market! I will take noisy pump instead of owning a trailer with lots of other less quality or options for your money, and believe me those trailers are out there. From happy tango owner 2009 model great unit.

Top Bottom