T3 174? Bigdeal !!!

kakwa climber

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What's your problem? I'm sorry brp has a cool product this year. I'm giving out some facts that I feel they addressed. I'm sorry for that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

The problem is you are so ski doo blind that anything they would have come out with you would be pumping out.

I agree it's a great idea. But unlike you I have been riding a 3" 174 for the last couple years. I know what it changes. But your or I have no idea what a flex edge 174 rides like.

I bet there is a good number of these sleds for sale in February. Guys will get where they have never been before and scare the sh*t out of themselves.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The problem is you are so ski doo blind that anything they would have come out with you would be pumping out.

I agree it's a great idea. But unlike you I have been riding a 3" 174 for the last couple years. I know what it changes. But your or I have no idea what a flex edge 174 rides like.

I bet there is a good number of these sleds for sale in February. Guys will get where they have never been before and scare the sh*t out of themselves.

Good job assuming what sleds I've owned and ridden and built

stocksucks!!

Reaction score
So boys I am down here I. Sicamous and rode a t3 163 and the t3 174 and the handle so nice. And I own a polaris rmk pro right now. The 163 climbs better than the 2014 163 pops out of the hole quicker and side hills just as easy if not easier. Now the 174 is a climbing monster kills the t3 163. But you can put it in tight trees and manoeuvre it easy. It's a little more work not to wash the back end out but she side hills and holds line just as good as 2014 it felt powerfull like the 2014 xm's do so gearing and clutching must be spot on. The 174 will come over backwards on a climb. The skis suck in powder. They didn't have the powder tip here yet. But the ski does work on harder stuff. I ordered a 163 and the father in,aw ordered a 174 he test rode them too. The reason I went with a 163 is I like to do extreme boondocking and this will be perfect for me. Now if you need to wait and think of yours next line in the trees the 174 will be perfect.

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It seems there have been more and more of the 3" guys seeing that there is really only a slight advantage over the stock 2.5" ( 163's )
they will probably go with the 163 3" purely from the " its stock and included in purchase price " point of view. I think the guys that will be buying the 174's are the guys that would have done it anyway via aftermarket. There really is a limited market for that length of track, so for that reason I'd say "no" it isn't a big deal.
BUT... I sure can't wait to try one next winter!

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So - zero seasons on a 174 x 3" - got it.

He was pretty much busted as same old BS as soon as he typed "pops back up on the snow easier than a Pro ", , apparently he hasnt spent much time comparing that either. LOL.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Am I excited about a 173 3inch?? No. Not sure I even want the 163 3inch,, Seems to be a lot of interest/haters commenting on it tho. Don't want it? don't buy it, seems pretty simple.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
174 x2.5 2011-2012 163x3 for 2011-2014

Weird? Though you or T-team didn't didn't like 3"? Search is great. lol
T-team Quote,
Maxwell did mine for me.....We even did the flex edge conversion... That's the last 3" ill ever do for sure. You CAN'T just throw a 3" on those XM's and call it good. Granted Im not on the hill as much as some and might not be as knowledgabe but Im smart enough to know after watching stock and the 3" go all year that its a gigantic waste of money.
I HAVE a 3" on my sled........It has 1300kms on it........Take it from me.......It is a waste of money now. On the XP's......NO... I really liked it. The CHEAPEST way for me to get out of this 3" and back into a 2.5 is to sell the sled and thats what Im doing!!! Obviosly the traction is there.....but all around riding the 2.5 is the way to go.....We put them head to head all day.......save your money and do some pipe work!
All the shops I know of are usually too busy installing stuff and doing work to get out on the hill as much as they should..... Maybe not your shop lol. I could really care less if maxwell said they worked or they didn't I was just giving my two cents man...... Im simply stating that My sled has 1200K on it.....And All of those kms were put on beside mutiple stock XM's and its a waste of money in my opinion. Jesus........ You talk about peopkle yapping on a forum???? I was trying to contribute some information and you jam your keyboard like your a hero about ME AND MAXWELL not climbing anything or whatever? Why am I getting bundled in with him becuase I was talking about MY SLED and how I thought it worked? Calm yourself... Go get a 3" I dont care I was just stating facts.. And maybe dont tell me how I ride either lol you clearly werent out wathching last weekend
Maxwell Quote,
I've had like 15 of them go out of my shop guess they were all Fawked. Yes there are small gains and larger gains in the trees but not 2500$ worth. The only sled with a 3" that worked AWESOME was one I built with a bikeman full performer kit. The extra 10hp really got that biotch spinning and wow did it hook up.
I think that's a big part of it. In the deep sugar snow it seems to climb no higher than the 2.5" but still does work better moving slow through the trees. But if it gets some hookup in heavier snow or harder spring snow then yes it does climb much higher. I'm not saying there are no gains but just for myself and others I have done its just not worth the coin. I would put one on every single sled I've had but I just can't get them to last more than a season is really what it comes down too. And now that camo isn't making the old style anymore I just really have a hard time with that new 14 wide lug
the best part about my experience with the 3" track is that i havent paid a dime for any of the ones ive spent time on. so im not afraid to say how it works or doesnt work

These are only a few and a lot more if anyone wants to search?? lol

Newmanater90

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im buying a 163" T3..Why? Why not! Skidoo has never led me wrong yet. Sure i have tried all the other models and brands and i dint really have any complaints about them either. I know BRP has done the research and testing and they wouldn't toss a sled onto the market (minus the 1000rt) and risk losing customers cause they would be disappointed. 2.5" or 3"? Bigger is better (so my ol lady says). Point is you don't want one DONT BUY ONE and all the haters out there need to STOP throwing out reasons why it is a bad idea or how they will suck.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
I'M DOING A 174X3" ........ WHY? BECAUSE I'VE ALWAYS BEEN MEANING TO DOO IT ON MY 1000RT, BUT JUST NEVER GOT AROUND TO THAT PROJECT. I'M A BIG GUY AND GETTING OLDER, AND DON'T CARE TO BE STUCK AS MUCH ANYMORE ;)....... SO IS IT A BIG DEAL FOR ME? YOU BET!!! I'M NOT DOING CORNICE DROPS AS MUCH THESE DAYS AS I USED TO, AND STILL LOVE TREES AND BOON DOCKING, BUT NEED TO BE ABLE TO GET WHERE I NEED, WHEN ONE OF THE "YOUNGERS" GET INTO TROUBLE ....... MY 2 CENTS!!! PLUS I'VE SEEN THE VIDS AND PICS OF NORONA AND KUSTER ON THE EARLY PROTOTYPES, AND THEY'RE HANGING JUST FINE... IT IS A REALLY BIG DEAL, ALMOST AS BIG AS THE GBCA, JUS' SAYIN' ;)

FranktheTank

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For those of you thinking you wont get stuck as "much" with a 174 good luck. Have more fun digging them out its a trench from hell.

I had a 174x3 last year the biggest eye opener for me was riding with guys who spend time on the mtn and can actually ride, doing circles around me on a 154 stocker. The 174 was a crutch. Hence why skidoo is saying its just not for the pros its for the intermediate and novice cause you can stop and pick your lines. If I was buying a new sled this year might just be a 154 i dont have any interest in a turbo chute climbing sled anyways. I think a lot of guys will hop on and buy the 174 just cause its the biggest sled from factory and whoever said that you will see lots of them for sale come february I agree.

I have seen only a handful of guys that can actually out ride a stock 163x2.5 let alone stock 174x3 or turbo sleds for that matter. I think we all like to think we are that guy but the majority of us are not. Including me.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Weird? Though you or T-team didn't didn't like 3"? Search is great. lol
T-team Quote,
Maxwell did mine for me.....We even did the flex edge conversion... That's the last 3" ill ever do for sure. You CAN'T just throw a 3" on those XM's and call it good. Granted Im not on the hill as much as some and might not be as knowledgabe but Im smart enough to know after watching stock and the 3" go all year that its a gigantic waste of money.
I HAVE a 3" on my sled........It has 1300kms on it........Take it from me.......It is a waste of money now. On the XP's......NO... I really liked it. The CHEAPEST way for me to get out of this 3" and back into a 2.5 is to sell the sled and thats what Im doing!!! Obviosly the traction is there.....but all around riding the 2.5 is the way to go.....We put them head to head all day.......save your money and do some pipe work!
All the shops I know of are usually too busy installing stuff and doing work to get out on the hill as much as they should..... Maybe not your shop lol. I could really care less if maxwell said they worked or they didn't I was just giving my two cents man...... Im simply stating that My sled has 1200K on it.....And All of those kms were put on beside mutiple stock XM's and its a waste of money in my opinion. Jesus........ You talk about peopkle yapping on a forum???? I was trying to contribute some information and you jam your keyboard like your a hero about ME AND MAXWELL not climbing anything or whatever? Why am I getting bundled in with him becuase I was talking about MY SLED and how I thought it worked? Calm yourself... Go get a 3" I dont care I was just stating facts.. And maybe dont tell me how I ride either lol you clearly werent out wathching last weekend
Maxwell Quote,
I've had like 15 of them go out of my shop guess they were all Fawked. Yes there are small gains and larger gains in the trees but not 2500$ worth. The only sled with a 3" that worked AWESOME was one I built with a bikeman full performer kit. The extra 10hp really got that biotch spinning and wow did it hook up.
I think that's a big part of it. In the deep sugar snow it seems to climb no higher than the 2.5" but still does work better moving slow through the trees. But if it gets some hookup in heavier snow or harder spring snow then yes it does climb much higher. I'm not saying there are no gains but just for myself and others I have done its just not worth the coin. I would put one on every single sled I've had but I just can't get them to last more than a season is really what it comes down too. And now that camo isn't making the old style anymore I just really have a hard time with that new 14 wide lug
the best part about my experience with the 3" track is that i havent paid a dime for any of the ones ive spent time on. so im not afraid to say how it works or doesnt work

These are only a few and a lot more if anyone wants to search?? lol

Uh wtf? Can you read? My statement ( Not t teams ) you found because you clearly have some wish to sink me on the internet says exactly what I've been saying all along. Gains in the trees. But not worth the 2500$. If brp added 2500$ to the cost of the summit x I would not be on one. But now that it's a factory Option for 500$ we are getting somewhere. I think you need to learn how to read bud. This makes you look like a little child. Not once have I said this sled is going to be like having 300hp like you are trying to say I am. It will be an awesome addition for technical tree riders and people that get to ride the deep pow. Please stop harassing me I really enjoy this website and I can't keep wasting my time cleaning up messes your making for me by falsifying my words.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im buying a 163" T3..Why? Why not! Skidoo has never led me wrong yet. Sure i have tried all the other models and brands and i dint really have any complaints about them either. I know BRP has done the research and testing and they wouldn't toss a sled onto the market (minus the 1000rt) and risk losing customers cause they would be disappointed. 2.5" or 3"? Bigger is better (so my ol lady says). Point is you don't want one DONT BUY ONE and all the haters out there need to STOP throwing out reasons why it is a bad idea or how they will suck.

We'll said. Haters gona hate!

Top Bottom