T3 163 - clutch tower brace

oiljunkie

Reaction score
Just picked up my T3 last week, salesman tried to sell me on the fancy BRP carbon fiber Clutch Brace, claiming with the 3in track, it is a necessity. Thoughts?????

Dannyturbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not necessary, maybe with big power with turbos and big bores, even then most people don't have issues with belt life on the xm's

oiljunkie

Reaction score
Thanks, What about the side panel vent kits, everything is see on YouTube, the more venting the better? A few guys around town saying with a semi stock sled, not worth it either???

Dannyturbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Venting doesn't hurt, if you are blowing belts then yea go ahead and vent it definitely will help. But again most these new sleds don't need it.

Put a skid plate on it and grip it and rip it my friend

Sent from my iPhone while drinkin a bud light

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
is it blowing belts? no its not because it hasnt hit the snow. chances are its not required just like the last 5 years of skidoo machines. if it aint broke dont fix it and if you do take it for a ride and your smoking belts then maybe look into it

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
is it blowing belts? no its not because it hasnt hit the snow. chances are its not required just like the last 5 years of skidoo machines. if it aint broke dont fix it and if you do take it for a ride and your smoking belts then maybe look into it

i agree on wait and see but some do have issues. . I have 3 - 2014 doo's. 137 freeride. 2-163 xm. One xm has no belt issues at all. The other 2 loved belts. Venting and braces fixed that.

Winter Brew

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have only ever personally seen one tower that cracked the tunnel....and I see quite a few Xp/XM's. I have heard of many more that were damaged more because of a tower brace....front end collision, tower brace pushes tower back and breaks the tunnel. I know there are cases where the tower fails, but if it was a real issue, Doo would probably not have kept the design for 8 years. Have also seen them cause some rpm issues.....unbolt the brace and rpm is more consistant. May not be the case with every setup, but something to be aware of if you decide to run one.

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One thing I'll add in on that QRS link. It won't fit in properly if you run the grip and rip A-arm braces. One could likely modify it enough to get it to work but you're gonna have to mod both the QRS and the A-arm brace.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am a big believer in that brace! I had one on my 09 summit and it help with performance and belt life! I was in Revy and checked my belt tension in the morning like I always do and the brace was good, part way through the day my sled wasn't right. It was running good but not going as good as it should. Opened the side panel and that brace was broke. Went home built the peace that broke and sled was back to the way it was before. I don't have one in my xm yet but it's going in this week some time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom