T motion

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was at our Doo dealer yesterday picking up a few things and ended up spending some time looking at a new xm. It's one they've had on the floor for a bit already and it's been steady people on and off leaning and lifting and showroom carving. Nice looking sled but I happened to be behind it and you know what, I think that it's already leaning to one side or the other depending on who leaned it where last. I wonder if that knuckle is gonna wear that fast that the sled will be leaning one way or the other always. Sure looked like it, but the track wasn't still folded so maybe you won't notice the suspension lean. No big deal tho a guy can probably just carry another one doesn't look to hard to replace it.

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wonder how this technology would be viewed on here if it was a Cat or Poo thing? would no doubt suck Lol ! I hope it's great and we will all be riding 417 lb twisty skid belt drive sleds soon.

summit1974

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the demo sled i saw last spring was okay...it didnt look like an old roofer and it had alot of kms on it.cant remember how many.(like there was no lean to it)

347strokin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wonder how this technology would be viewed on here if it was a Cat or Poo thing? would no doubt suck Lol ! I hope it's great and we will all be riding 417 lb twisty skid belt drive sleds soon.

I think you know how it would be viewed. Lol. It's kind of like all the Doo boys saying the 08 and up XP was the best handling sled out there when they were riding them. Now that it has this modified skid/track and sidehills/transitions more like the traditional 15" track machines, it's the bomb!

Don't get me wrong, I hope it cures the XP's handling woes and I like the advancements that all the manufacturers are bringing to the table. Hopefully we all will be riding reliable 417lb twisty skid belt drive sleds in the future.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think you know how it would be viewed. Lol. It's kind of like all the Doo boys saying the 08 and up XP was the best handling sled out there when they were riding them. Now that it has this modified skid/track and sidehills/transitions more like the traditional 15" track machines, it's the bomb!

Don't get me wrong, I hope it cures the XP's handling woes and I like the advancements that all the manufacturers are bringing to the table. Hopefully we all will be riding reliable 417lb twisty skid belt drive sleds in the future.

That may be true for some people but I will be happy jumping back on my xp. The sled handles amazing and for certain types of riding it will outshine the XM. But the XM is going to be the sled for technical riding with the least effort.

347strokin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That may be true for some people but I will be happy jumping back on my xp. The sled handles amazing and for certain types of riding it will outshine the XM. But the XM is going to be the sled for technical riding with the least effort.

You keeping the XP?

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I'm not sold that this is really any different than the XP other than the obvious ergonomics. In what way do you think an XP will outperform it?

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not sold that this is really any different than the XP other than the obvious ergonomics. In what way do you think an XP will outperform it?

Its just purely my riding style. I love the wide stance on my 2010 and the freeride. Very predictable and you can throw it at a line or a beat up trench ridden climb at 60 mph and it doesn't batt an eye. I find the narrow etec, m series, pro rmk to unstable. Yes they are effortless to side hill but that's not all I do. An yea he old xp does require a bit more rider input in comparison. I believe the XM will shine when you get it into really crappy situations tight in the trees.

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its just purely my riding style. I love the wide stance on my 2010 and the freeride. Very predictable and you can throw it at a line or a beat up trench ridden climb at 60 mph and it doesn't batt an eye. I find the narrow etec, m series, pro rmk to unstable. Yes they are effortless to side hill but that's not all I do. An yea he old xp does require a bit more rider input in comparison. I believe the XM will shine when you get it into really crappy situations tight in the trees.

I hope your right about the tight tree riding, thats where I ride mostly. I will also be riding the 3" on the t-motion so maybe i'm not gonna realize too much of a change from my 2012.

Top Bottom