Synthetic winch = BS

whitegold

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what a great idea!!! but doesn't the inside of it get all full of crap? (mud and stuff that is... )

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
for around $13 you can own a winch saver

Sweet, thanks!

what a great idea!!! but doesn't the inside of it get all full of crap? (mud and stuff that is... )

The winch saver? They are hollow and easy to clean. I'm sure other parts of your quad are much harder to clean. My buddy has one on his Brute and I can't see how thats hard to clean. A quick shot with the pressure washer will do.

munhoez

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In a Dakota R/T, down by the South Sask. River
Moose racing makes one. It aint hard to clean. I just use a big ol'rubber oring looped around rack, anfd winch hook is snatched onto that, kinda sux being buried up to racks and u gotta dig n search for ur hook.

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know they say when the synthetic rope breaks it drops straight to the ground but I get nervous sitting behind it while its fiddle string tight. So my question is did it just drop WITHOUT anything drapped over the rope?

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know they say when the synthetic rope breaks it drops straight to the ground but I get nervous sitting behind it while its fiddle string tight. So my question is did it just drop WITHOUT anything drapped over the rope?

When it snapped both times the rope didn't go anywhere. I always thought they'd fling back but that wasn't the case.

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow , thats one heavy lady.

Yeah, thats what I thought. But riding you couldn't tell. It'll lift the front end like nobody's business and it takes quite a bit to get stuck. Feels just like my YFZ did! :beer:

Top Bottom