SX Viper siezed I think

dschwindt

Reaction score
Out riding today, some light stuff not to hard. After an hour engine sputtered with no bang or other noise and died. Cannot pull rope, oil consumption prior to this was normal as I filled it before leaving. How far into tearing this thing down do I need to go to find out. It is a SX viper 700 144" track.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
pull the plugs and and look at them and in the holes. With plugs out try to turn the primary clutch (no belt).

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Out riding today, some light stuff not to hard. After an hour engine sputtered with no bang or other noise and died. Cannot pull rope, oil consumption prior to this was normal as I filled it before leaving. How far into tearing this thing down do I need to go to find out. It is a SX viper 700 144" track.

ya, check the plugs...doesnt sound good... remove exhaust and look into cylinders......

havent been a lot of issues with those...the plugs should tell you what happened....probably have one squashed....... cold seize...,,

let us know maybe we can help u out...

T

dschwindt

Reaction score
Thanks guys will pull all spark plugs tomorrow and also pull exhaust off to look into cylinder. Will let you know.

dschwindt

Reaction score
Checked as above with no visible signs from looking in to cylinders. Pulled head found the center cylinder has gotten hot and chewed cylinder wall, piston, piston rod snapped off crank and cracked the block. But other cylinders look good. Has anyone seen any used motors around for this sled or maybe a price on a new one if they are around.

dschwindt

Reaction score
What is this sled worth with out engine. Track and suspension are in great condition, everything else on this machine is good. Body barely has any scratches in it. The motor on kijiji, the fella wants 2000.00 for it. Found block is cracked when center piston rings stuck and broke from crankshaft so motor is completely crapped. Has triple pipes also if this helps.

Thank you all for your help.

nolan

Reaction score
You tell me as iam not sure either ? If you are intersted call me Rob 780-994-7837.

firecat99

Reaction score
I would love to take the sled but i have no way on getting it north :( I have a NICE BIG BORE ZRT triple that would feel right at home in that frame

TravisFader

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So lemme get this straight here, You ARE selling the sled now? If so what year. Toss me a PM

Top Bottom