switchback assault. any good ?

69firebird

Reaction score
thinking of snowchecking a switchback assault 144. anybody have or tried one ? hows the ride ? and whats it like in deep snow:confused: ?

Warhawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 11 SWB Assault like it ALOT. I use this as my main sled here in Sask and have a 12 pro 800 155 for the Mountains. Make sure you get the 2 inch on it and I would gear it down if you are going to want to use it for mountains, that being said I would gear mine down as it is way to fast. For Sask I love mine, perfect crossover sled im not a trail guy so this opinion might be a bit swayed lol. If you want to take it to the hills it will give you a good feel if you like the mountain stuff or not. With the wider ski stance I have disconnected my sway bar as I love the feel of my pro rmk, with the bar disconnected it is awesome for up north playing around Hudson Bay area. I just turned up my clickers and it handles awesome. Make sure you don't set the rear suspension to stiff as it will want to give you a rough ride that being said mine is a 11 and they might have changed some of the valving in the shocks. I have some good info on set up if you need it when you get your sled. ........... CHEERS..........

69firebird

Reaction score
Thanks for the info, I have a 2011 assault rmk and find it very stiff and hard to control on the trails,but great for the deep stuff . We do most of our riding in northern Alberta with a couple trips to the hills every year. The switchback looks like the best option for both worlds.Any info on setup would be awesome.

Top Bottom