Switch Relocate on 07 Rev

summitflex

Reaction score
Hey guys,
Wondering if anyone has done a complete switch relocate on a 07 rev? I want to put my thumb/grip heater switches, reverse, and hi/low beam switches to my console. I know RSI has switch kits for the XP and XM but nothing for the Rev, and I am not eletrical savy enough to tackle this on my own knowledge. if anyone could help with this or know someone in the calgary area that can do it that would be sweet.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Take switch off , mount it on a tube to the riser block. If u look u can see mine mounted.

Still get to it , its out of the way , no wiring to mess up.

sent while I should be drinking twisted teas

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1386708170073.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1386708170073.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 195

Bert the bod

Reaction score
I did it on my 07 REV, wiring wasnt to bad as long as you have a wiring diagram. I bought a new RER switch for a 01/02 MXZ part#415101200 and some 3 position toggle switches with water proof covers from NAPA.

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not to thread jack but on my 06 rev the killswitch and the throttle are one piece. How would i turn the killswitch around? To prevent accidental contact

Old-Soul

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not to thread jack but on my 06 rev the killswitch and the throttle are one piece. How would i turn the killswitch around? To prevent accidental contact

I just run a thick oring under the button. Makes it so you have to push down with more force than the accidental bump.

Old-Soul

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just roll it over top the button, never had to take it off before. It can be a pain to get on but I find the green ones used for castrating calves work the best haha

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I detest that stupid switch block so I moved everything but the killswitch down to the console and dash. I bought a ZX push button switch for the rer/start and 3 ZX on/off/on toggle switches with the rubber covers for the hot grips, thumb warmer and headlight. I put the rer/start switch on the right side of the console between the gas cap and edge of the console and the hot grip, thumb warmer switches on the left of the dash and the headlight switch on the right side of the dash. Obviously you can put them wherever you want. I'll post the write up here for you, hopefully you can understand it enough to do it yourself, it's really not that hard.

Switch control relocation:

Remove the switch control block from the handlebars and disconnect the 2 flat connectors. Cut and remove all the wire ties then remove the Switch block wire harness from the switch block, this makes it easier to rewire your new switches. Also, save the switch block in case you decide to put your sled back to stock. When putting 2 wires together, I recommend that you solder them and not just twist them together, this will prevent them from coming apart and causing problems down the road.

The wires for the dimmer switch are, grey for the high beam wire, red/orange is the hot wire, grey/violet is for low beam. Snip these off from the flat connectors and wire them to the toggle dimmer switch.

The red/yellow is the hot wire for your hot grips and thumb warmer, snip it off from the flat connector. You’ll wire this to the center terminal of both the thumb switch and the hand warmers switches using a jumper wire. I used the hot grip and thumb warmer switch from the ZX chassis sled. Cost was about $27 for both with the rubber boots.

The beige wire and the red/grey wire are the RER wires, snip them off the flat connector and wire them to the RER switch. Again, I used a switch from the ZX chassis sled. Cost was about $8.

I don’t have electric start so I capped that wire and tied it back with a wire tie.

Snip the 2 orange wires from the flat connectors. The two orange wires get wired together onto one female spade connector and are the wires for the high setting. (AGW 16-14).

Snip the 2 orange/violet wires off of the flat connectors. The two orange/violet wires get wired together onto one female spade connector (AGW 16-14). These two sets of wires get connected to the hand warmer switch, one is high and the other is low. I wired my switch so that high was to the left and low was to the right, like it was on the switch block. If you do it this way, connect your high wire to the right terminal post (high) on the switch, red/yellow in the middle (off) and orange/violet on the left post (low).

Snip the brown & brown/yellow off of the flat connector. These are the thumb warmer high and low wires. The brown is for high. I wired this switch the same way I did the hot grip switch. Brown on the right, hot wire in the middle and low wire on the left.

That's pretty much it. Attach the appropriate spade connectors to the ends of the wires and plug them into the new switches. Trim the wires to length and heat shrink tubing them together and you're set.

The best part about this is if you decide you don't like it or want to put it all back to stock, you can just buy a new wire harness section and plug the stock switch block back. The new harness is about $60.

Old-Soul

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nomad, don't suppose you have pics of the final product? Thanks for the detailed post.

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Old-Soul, I don't have any but can take some tonight and post them up tomorrow.

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And I just remembered, for the hot grip switch I changed out the toggle switch for Polaris atv rockers switch only because it has the high and low markings on it, but the connections are still the same.

By the way, does anyone know how one can delete a post on this forum? There's been a few times where I have double posted and needed to delete but was unable to do so.

Last edited:

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's a picture of the whole setup, hot grips (top) and thumbwarmer on the left, headlight switch on the right, and rer/start switch to the upper right of the gas cap.

Attachments

• Switch relocate.jpg
    Switch relocate.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 89
Top Bottom