Reverse issues on 07'rev

dbh102

Reaction score
Hi All,
On my 07' rev 800 it only goes into reverse periodically and when it doesn't work it doesn't even try after pushing button, but when it does work it goes into reverse fine and back into forward fine as well.
I've tried another working rer switch and still the same result and everything is dry .Is there a solinoid or something else I should look at?
Thanks for any help

dbh102

Reaction score
The sled has 4800 kms on it and both holes are at approx 150 psi

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine will fall on its face when going in reverse when its not warm. Before I bought it the PO told me about this issue, the guys on dootalk said it might be low on compression I checked that and mine was also 150 (I have a 800ho).

I also find blipping the throttle before hitting reverse helps...not sure if its a good practice or not though

Trashy, wouldn't it beep like crazy if it was the DESS?

Dmf

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Try flipping the choke half way when you hit the reverse button and back down real quick, should work every time. Unit is too lean and needs the fuel

dbh102

Reaction score
Thanks for the pointers but the problem isn't that it stalls or has issues after pushing the RER button but that when you push it half of the time the sled does nothing as if you never pushed the button

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Mine will fall on its face when going in reverse when its not warm. Before I bought it the PO told me about this issue, the guys on dootalk said it might be low on compression I checked that and mine was also 150 (I have a 800ho).

I also find blipping the throttle before hitting reverse helps...not sure if its a good practice or not though

Trashy, wouldn't it beep like crazy if it was the DESS?
My 04 HME would kind of beep and then stop, if I was to hit the gas. It would sound like I was at the rev limiter, someone here told me to wiggle the DESS key and it work everytime. I have also been told that if it has problems going into reverse, and dies that that is a good indication that a new top end is required.

Top Bottom