Swingarm Bushing Replacement(05 Brute)

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Has anyone done this and is it a fairly easy job or do I need to rip the whole rearend apart,Hoping to save some cash and do it myself but friends have told me I shouldnt touch tools,Ha I'll show them LOL!
Any tips or tricks would be appreciated!
Thanks catmando!

Attachments

• P7190005.jpg
    P7190005.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 40

FossY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.zx7r.de
u shouldnt touch tools lyle !

even though the rear end has to be ripped apart it still shouldnt be that big of a deal

KVF 700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how many kms on it? i got 7500 and havent replaced the bushings in mine. what do you look for, just free play?

gforce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
real easy//just did one on a kawi..replaced all the bearings..swing arm bearing from kawi...aro $32.00...from princess auto..$3.00..seal from commercial brg aro $5.00..did the whole machine rear swingarm for aro $50 bucks

09xp850le

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey catmando tell your buddies to lay off! i just did a set for a friend of mine.
first pull your floorboards(makes it easier to access the bearings) and heel gaurds on the rear fenders. remove your rear brake cables and rear diff ventline. leave the tires on as its easier to get the swingarm out of the way(leave the shock hooked up for now as well). once the little stuff is out of the way, there are plastic covers over the bearing pins in the frame that you pry out. the one i did had an after market setup with a big allen key in the pin. once the pins are out unbolt the rear shock and slide your swing arm out. use some heat and a slide hammer to det the baerings out, if the the inner race comes out and spills bearings everywhere get a mig welder and put a nice hot bead on the inside of the outer race and they should pull right out.
hope this helps as the one i did was far from stock with a 6inch lift and a swingarm pivot relocation kit. cheers:beer:

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
how many kms on it? i got 7500 and havent replaced the bushings in mine. what do you look for, just free play?

Just grab the back rack and see if there is any play when you swing it side to side,very noticable!
Thanks for all your feedback guys!Took it to climb higher and he did it for me,just didnt have time to try it myself!
catmando!

Top Bottom