Cleaning & Degreasing

nickhesson

Reaction score
So, if you've read my Fire Aftermath thread, you know the backstory. Anyways, I've begun the good ol process of degreasing and wanted to see if anyone has any tips or tricks. Right now im just using rags and a degreaser, which for the most part works, but is hard to clean the tight spaces. Any suggestions on a particular tool that is good for the job?

I've also heard of some people using pressure washers to clean the sled, however with so many pieces apart, Im worried about water or dirt getting somewhere it shouldnt be. My carbs are off so the engine is fairly exposed. So I assume at this point I should just put her back together and then pressure washer it. Someone suggested covering any areas you dont want exposed with plastic bags and then using a zip tie to secure it in place.

Is there any recommendations for a certain degreaser, or a spray, or some tools of the trade for doing this.

I am riding a 2007 SkiDoo Summit X 800.

Dmf

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
stuff rags in your intake ports of your motor. dont worry about the carbs, you should be going through them anyways after and cleaning them out. use Super Clean, purple spray bottle. can find it at canadian tire or any auto supply store. the stuff is amazing. just stay away from painted parts.

Top Bottom