swimmer's itch

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:beer:
any stories of people getting the lovely swimmers itch?

where and why, and how did you get rid of it??

man I wouldnt tell ya if I got it lmao:d:beer:
just kiding, never heard of anyone around here getting that

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca

Is it you that actually has the itch? Are you sure its swimmers itch? You can always con a buddy to get the shampoo needed to take care of that little problem or should I say THOSE little problems. ;) :beer::beer:

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score

well i was told from a life gaurd here years ago, that it comes from cemiclas on ducks waste. And it usaly occures in areas where most people swim, but in open water its fine, and to prevent from getting it shower right away when u get out of the water, dont know if its trure, but ive never had it

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
YA, GOT IT ABOUT 10 YEARS BACK IN THE SHUSWAP.... CAUSED BY DUCKMITES, AND WE WERE SWIMMING/SNORKELING IN THE SHALLOWS AROUND THE HOUSEBOATS WHILE PARKED ONE NITE ON THE LAKE SHORE, AND A FEW OF US HAD QUITE BAD RASHES.... LUCKILY GONE THE NEXT DAY, WITH LOTS OF "SPECIAL" LOTIONS AND LOTS OF TYLENOL.... THINK THE ALCHOHOL HELPED TOO!!!!!! :beer:;):beer:

Rubicon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is fuuuuuuuuuuunny....the itchy and scratchy thread.... I remember my brother had it from Pigeon lake years ago, seems to me it went away after a few days, no meds req'd. Ive never had it... or any other kind by the way.. :rolleyes: me no likey....:eek:

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Jeremy, my buddies and i got it the Canada Day long week-end at Wabamun. We used a lotion called "Calomine" its like chalk and the medic told us if you suspect the lake has it rub yourself down with baby oil before entering the water, the mites apparently slide right off.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Jeremy, my buddies and i got it the Canada Day long week-end at Wabamun. We used a lotion called "Calomine" its like chalk and the medic told us if you suspect the lake has it rub yourself down with baby oil before entering the water, the mites apparently slide right off.

My ex and her friends got it out there that same weekend. I laughed at them.

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I remember "the itch" when i was a kid growing up on skeleton lake. Havent had it in years.

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My ex and her friends got it out there that same weekend. I laughed at them.

Maybe i was swimming to close to her!!!!! Just kidding TG......all i can say is those little suckers made me scratch til i blead and then i scratched even more. Hope i don't get it again any time soon.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Maybe i was swimming to close to her!!!!! Just kidding TG......all i can say is those little suckers made me scratch til i blead and then i scratched even more. Hope i don't get it again any time soon.

If you were, all I can say is I'm sorry.

TG

jeremy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

i got it that same weekend, seems a few did at wabamun. i think i can pin point it to when i anchored in front of the beach in moonlight bay and swam to shore, after when i pulled my anchor out i was pulling seaweed and snails and stuff off of it, and then i probably scratched myself. Its gone already, just wanted to know if any one got it and from what lakes.

the other itch reminds me of a story, i'll keep it clean, but me and a buddy were driving a cabin cruiser I had at lake winnipeg after a night out at a bar in my car and he had this funny look, i asked him what was wrong, said he was pretty sure his little feller had just sneezed.LOL. took to the clinic in Gimili, 4 pills and he said it was gone. pooor guy.

Top Bottom