sway bar removal

Thunderr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cut it off with a grinder. And yes well worth taking off if mountain riding.

Cheers
Chris

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i agree i took mine out not with a grinder but it seemed to be better for turning in pow

BC Sno-Ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry for my lack of knowledge on this topic but how does removing the stabilizer bar affect handling on the trails? I ride a fair bit with the wife and sometimes put a few trail miles on but we also get off the beaten path just as much. Meadows and boondocking but no real hardcore steep and deep. I have a 2004 Ski-doo Rev 800. I've had other guys tell me I should consider taking them off but... if I have to use a grinder to get them off and then don't like the result........:confused:

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry for my lack of knowledge on this topic but how does removing the stabilizer bar affect handling on the trails? I ride a fair bit with the wife and sometimes put a few trail miles on but we also get off the beaten path just as much. Meadows and boondocking but no real hardcore steep and deep. I have a 2004 Ski-doo Rev 800. I've had other guys tell me I should consider taking them off but... if I have to use a grinder to get them off and then don't like the result........:confused:

,, it helps tip the sled especialy when side hilling or trying to turn around sharp, with out the sway bar it allows more travel on each side of the sled, and makes turning feel much lighter.

on the trail its not that bad, hardly a differnece IMO. on the XP there is a quick conect kit, I am not sure if it is available on the revs//

you can cut it out or wiggle it out,, I got mine off in one piece but it will never go back on.

Doo it:d

powerteker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I gonna cut it out next time I'm lookin at it. the only reason I ride a trail is to get to the deep stuff!:d:d:eek:

ESOX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The people I know have taken theirs off and swear by the difference it makes. They also say minimal difference on the trails.:twocents:

pancake

Reaction score
Hey , insyead of cutting it off and ruining it just dismantle one side. Unbolt it from the A-arm. Its dissconnected but because its still attached on the other side it stays out of the way. This way you can still use it if you don't like the way it handles.
Cheers.

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
they are not that hard to take right out with out cutting them.....

powerteker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well i'll look at it and I know it's not going back on, what ever is eazyer. I love to side hill so if this helps why would I wanna put it back on.

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well i'll look at it and I know it's not going back on, what ever is eazyer. I love to side hill so if this helps why would I wanna pit it back on.

This will defiinitely help sidehilling!!!!!
Took mine off last year finally...kept thinking that I might want to put it back on but since it was a pain to remove we just cut it off... never to be seen again! The sled is much more 'nimble'.
I wouldn't ride with one now, much easier to lay your sled over and the difference on the trail isn't even noticable. If you ride a lot of trails maybe, but the benefit off trail is WELL worth it.

BC Sno-Ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey , insyead of cutting it off and ruining it just dismantle one side. Unbolt it from the A-arm. Its dissconnected but because its still attached on the other side it stays out of the way. This way you can still use it if you don't like the way it handles.
Cheers.

That sounds more like it! At least I can try it and decide if it's right for me before making it permanent. Thanks. Cheers :beer:

pancake

Reaction score
Zip strap or fasten it somehow or it'll be wackin' around.

Not if you only dissconect one side. The other side stays attached to the A-arm keeping the actual bar out of the way and secured. No need to cut it out or anything. Kinda helps for resale cause you can re-attach it.

Top Bottom