Swan Hills

Mare

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hoping to head that way between Christmas and New Years. Great riding if you can find your way around there.. MASSIVE area.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya its really big if you know where to go, ran into lots of guys out there that have asked me where do they go to get back to the staging area, they were all turned around and never realised they were only 10km from the truck........lol, also run into lots of guys at the end of the day that ask me where i found all the snow as my sled is just covered in snow and they spent all day doing loops on the trails........ I always politely decline to release the info on my honey holes

Hoping to head that way between Christmas and New Years. Great riding if you can find your way around there.. MASSIVE area.

Last edited:

slednek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking for updates around swan. Heard whitecourt has recieved some good dumps. Wondering if swan has recieved the same.

03predator500

Reaction score
Was up at goose tower riding yesterday, up to your waist in most areas, it was pretty warm out though so the snow was getting set up. Had a good ride

Sent from my iPhone using

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Was up at goose tower riding yesterday, up to your waist in most areas, it was pretty warm out though so the snow was getting set up. Had a good ride

Great update. Wish I could get there sooner than later.

Sent from my phone ---- is anyone listening ?

kanders

Reaction score

I am thinking of heading to Swan hills on the weekend, I've been there a couple of times in the last 3 or 4 years but have never been able to find goose tower. I am somewhat directionally challenged, my wife says says I'd never make it out of West Edmonton Mall without her help (she's right). Could anybody offer some assistance, I am trying to find a place with lots of snow but no avy hazard to take my daughter and her boyfriend so we can build some skills before doing serious mountain riding. Thanks.

cheebbacheebba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you pick up an oilfield lease map it will help you navigate the area - shows roads, wellsites, lakes, rivers and the goose tower road. Can never get lost if you have this handy.

We are also planning to head out this weekend.

KevinA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
was there around Christmas. we were around mile 27 and there was about 48" or better and it snowed 8-10" when we were there. there was a nasty crust about a third of the way down. it was some good riding the trees and cut lines were good but we were hitting some stumps in the open areas.

kanders

Reaction score
Thanks for the info, will check out the maps for sure. Looks like we're headed for Valemount this weekend after all.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
was there around Christmas. we were around mile 27 and there was about 48" or better and it snowed 8-10" when we were there. there was a nasty crust about a third of the way down. it was some good riding the trees and cut lines were good but we were hitting some stumps in the open areas.

Its km 28 not mile 27, send someone to mile 27 and they will almost be out of the goose tower hills right past goose mountain and almost in high prairie

KevinA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my bad. i just started going to swan hills end of last year... the guys I go with keep on saying "mile" I should know better.
Its km 28 not mile 27, send someone to mile 27 and they will almost be out of the goose tower hills right past goose mountain and almost in high prairie

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
28 km to staging area, first time I got directions out there I was told mile 28 as well

Top Bottom