Swan Hills

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
According to environment Canada they received 15cm last night and are expecting another 15-20cm by tomorrow.

Go-Vertical

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
According to environment Canada they received 15cm last night and are expecting another 15-20cm by tomorrow.
I can not confirm this yet, but I am hoping so waiting on reports also! Hoping to get up there sunday!

Go-Vertical

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Newest report was 18-20" of fresh since Wednesday! (In the Devon oilfield area)

2Quickrides

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode up there today, definitely a lot of fresh everywhere, but anywhere in the sun was already getting a good layer of ice crust on it due to the temps. Should serve as a good badly needed base as found quite a few minefields with no bottom unless you count the logs and stumps.

Blazed a few trails and found some fun places with 2-4' soft enough to bury anything short of a 155.

yvesterbrown

Reaction score
Rode up there today, definitely a lot of fresh everywhere, but anywhere in the sun was already getting a good layer of ice crust on it due to the temps. Should serve as a good badly needed base as found quite a few minefields with no bottom unless you count the logs and stumps.

Blazed a few trails and found some fun places with 2-4' soft enough to bury anything short of a 155.

we were up yesterday as well, found a lot of fresh snow but definitely needs a base. had a blast though, cant wait to go back

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like how everyone is saying it badly needs a base and yada yada, do you know that it isn't even christmas yet, I've rode out there the last three boxing days in a row and haven't seen close to this amount of snow, and its still a week away, hell some years there isn't this amount in February

Sent from my iPhone using

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
I like how everyone is saying it badly needs a base and yada yada, do you know that it isn't even christmas yet, I've rode out there the last three boxing days in a row and haven't seen close to this amount of snow, and its still a week away, hell some years there isn't this amount in February

Great input. Season is still young

Sent from my phone ---- is anyone listening ?

ronmexico

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

True. I dont think it ever really does get a 'base' does it? In the Swan Hills area it always seems like your breaking through the crust of one layer to the next of sugary snow. Doesnt matter what month it is.

The area seems to hold snow extremely well with all the cut lines and tree's. Its also massive with more than enough for everyone to enjoy.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
True. I dont think it ever really does get a 'base' does it? In the Swan Hills area it always seems like your breaking through the crust of one layer to the next of sugary snow. Doesnt matter what month it is.

The area seems to hold snow extremely well with all the cut lines and tree's. Its also massive with more than enough for everyone to enjoy.

Ya exactly, break through in march on the regular out there, even through the 6'+ base last spring at the beginning of april

rrallon

Reaction score
Rode goose tower today and snow was waist to armpit deep and mostly untracked ImageUploadedByTapatalk1387680198.512127.jpg

Sent from

SummitRider2014

Reaction score
Wow looks awesome, gotta make it up there soon. Where is the best place to ride? And where do you go from town?

Top Bottom