Swan Hills

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just a idea here riders. Seeing as this is a popular thread and riding area lets do something to help the area. This year at the 2013 sled show why dont we all buy at least one Trail pass each to help this club out. All clubs need help but this club has a large area to maintain and service every year. Grooming expenses and trail work all need funding. You say you dont ride trails! Well you ride the area and the club has many KMs of trails designated in the Goose Tower area already. They just need some $$ to make access into this area safer and quicker from town. Just a idea from me to all you guys that ride this area every year. Time to help them out a bit with some of your $$$
Maybe not riding through planted cut blocks as well.............

jackdanels

Reaction score
Just a idea here riders. Seeing as this is a popular thread and riding area lets do something to help the area. This year at the 2013 sled show why dont we all buy at least one Trail pass each to help this club out. All clubs need help but this club has a large area to maintain and service every year. Grooming expenses and trail work all need funding. You say you dont ride trails! Well you ride the area and the club has many KMs of trails designated in the Goose Tower area already. They just need some $$ to make access into this area safer and quicker from town. Just a idea from me to all you guys that ride this area every year. Time to help them out a bit with some of your $$$

x2 on that. im going up that way on tuesday...first chance ive gotten this year, and never been before. if i like the area i will buy a pass. i am deffiniatly a fan of supporting the organizations who maintain the areas i ride, and the trails i use to get to the pow.

this will be my first time riding up there, and am wondering if anyone more familiar, and who's been up there recently can recommend a nice clean hotel, and a safe place to stage as close to the good stuff as possible.

of course anyone who would like to join our small group of 3, or 4 is welcome. i would really like to meet more people to ride with.

CJR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any date and location on the show?

ASSAULTrmk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
X2 on the trail pass idea & we should all join the snowmobile club as well but don't want the access to be quicker from town lol to & maybe their should be some thing set up in staging area to donate to club ??

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
X2 on the trail pass idea & we should all join the snowmobile club as well but don't want the access to be quicker from town lol to & maybe their should be some thing set up in staging area to donate to club ??

the only issue I can foresee with a donation box or the like is people with sticky fingers helping themselves to it.

rrallon

Reaction score
Rode goose tower area saturday still finding some good spots and more than enough to get stuck swan hills april 2013 001.jpg

ASSAULTrmk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any one headed out to Swan this Sunday if they get snow ??? If so I will tag along :)

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wife and I want to go sunday, I will keep an eye on here and see if anyones going, might bring son so he can get some practice on his sled before we hear to vale in a couple weeks.

Go-Vertical

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seen 8 sleds head up that direction this morning, While i was at work. ( i only swore at them a couple times) lol. Hopefully someone will let us know how much snow they got, whitecourt got a foot. I'm going to head up next Saturday or so.

northern bear

RIP May 30,2022
Reaction score
Seen 8 sleds head up that direction this morning, While i was at work. ( i only swore at them a couple times) lol. Hopefully someone will let us know how much snow they got, whitecourt got a foot. I'm going to head up next Saturday or so.

Maybe I'll have to tag along if there's no work when I get home.

Top Bottom