Swan Hills

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
I'm scared for the rest of the season everywhere.... Not sure Fort McMurray will have snow for the ASA Shin-dig..... and even the mountain towns look dry and sunny for the next 14 days...

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm scared for the rest of the season everywhere.... Not sure Fort McMurray will have snow for the ASA Shin-dig..... and even the mountain towns look dry and sunny for the next 14 days...
McMurray has been posting trail updates on their Facebook page and it looks fairly promising

DDrake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Me and my boy rode in the poker rally yesterday. Finally got to meet and ride with Go-Vertical and his better half Revgirl yesterday, a ride 3 yrs in the making.lol TylerG and his better half Powdergirl were also in our group. Trails were pretty good considering the type of season we have had. Got to take a little rip on a 16 Cat Limited as did my boy. Thanks Revgirl. Also meet Catmando on the trail. Nice to meet everyone and a big thank you to the club for putting on a great family friendly rally. We will be back again.

Revgirl

Reaction score
uploadfromtaptalk1456120839700.jpg
From what he told me after riding it yesterday he'll be asking for one for his birthday then Christmas then birthday then Christmas.... until mom and dad cave lol You have a great kiddo!

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

DDrake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
View attachment 194916
From what he told me after riding it yesterday he'll be asking for one for his birthday then Christmas then birthday then Christmas.... until mom and dad cave lol You have a great kiddo!

Lol... I guess I wasn't privy to that conversation. Trina laughed as much as I did... Nice pic. Pretty much sums up the day.
Thanks for letting us tag along.

Revgirl

Reaction score
Lol... I guess I wasn't privy to that conversation. Trina laughed as much as I did... Nice pic. Pretty much sums up the day.
Thanks for letting us tag along.
You are most welcome! If you are up to it we are going out again this weekend.

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heading up to Swan Hills tomorrow. looking for a quick update on the snow, as well as a recommended area to ride in.
It's been a long time since I've ridden up there. used to ride random cut blocks and pipelines over 10years ago. last time we just stayed on the triangle trails.

I've heard lots of good about Goose Tower. how's the snow there? where do you stage for that?

Thanks

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Snow is low, maybe a foot and a half at the goose, go down the gas plant road to the west of swan to km 28, road turns off highway 32 at the top of the hill just north of swan hills, when snow is low like this stick to trails and old roads, cut blocks up there have claimed alot of a arms over the years with triple the snow which is still a low snow year, usually by this time goose has 5' of settled snow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Snow is low, maybe a foot and a half at the goose, go down the gas plant road to the west of swan to km 28, road turns off highway 32 at the top of the hill just north of swan hills, when snow is low like this stick to trails and old roads, cut blocks up there have claimed alot of a arms over the years with triple the snow which is still a low snow year, usually by this time goose has 5' of settled snow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats where we rode, snow was decent, played in the trees, clipped a few stumps but going slow enough that you just fall over the handle bars when you hit one. Had a lot of fun. We ran the tamarack loop and goose tower loop. Tamarack was pretty rough, especially on the triangle section.

Still came home smiling.

DDrake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone been out to Goose Tower this week? Might hit it up tomorrow and lookin for some fresh info on conditions. Rode out there last Saturday and it was decent.

Mare

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We were thinking of going but with the nice temps, we have decided to stay home and maybe dig the quads out.

skoalman

Reaction score
Rode freeman lake today trails still in good shape, off trail snow was pretty hard, but found a few spots with snow 2 plus feet deep, got stuck 3 times with a 155 track.

ps, watch out for those stumps on the cut lines

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like I'm squeezing in one last ride. The HCR is put away but the Crossfires are still good to go.
My wife said she'd like to get out for one last ride (She was able to ride on the 1st two trail rides in Whitecourt, then work got in the way).
So I'll take her to Swan Hills tomorrow.

If anyone else wishes to join us we will stage at the ball diamonds in town around noon. Only riding for a few hours. (She works nights so not kicking her out of bed too early).

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like I'm squeezing in one last ride. The HCR is put away but the Crossfires are still good to go.
My wife said she'd like to get out for one last ride (She was able to ride on the 1st two trail rides in Whitecourt, then work got in the way).
So I'll take her to Swan Hills tomorrow.

If anyone else wishes to join us we will stage at the ball diamonds in town around noon. Only riding for a few hours. (She works nights so not kicking her out of bed too early).
Think she'd notice if you took the "long way" to swan hills?

Reactions: RXN

Ronaha

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Enough for a vintage ride maybe in the bush until it melts.

Top Bottom