SW goes PAY! Better Make Some Room Here!

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
S&M does cost Ron out of pocket..... this I know.... But not nearly as much as his sled/quad/truck........Bwahahahahahahaha:eek:

Sorry RK but you break a lot of chit........:d

You are so right there Bogger. Ron has the best and wants the best of everything. Snow and Mud is right there also as one of his things he wants the best for. Advertisers are coming on board now faster than ever. It all is going good. As many may know Ron always upgrades whatever he can. To be on top of all the junk out there Ron gets the best programs and updates as soon as they come out on the market.
Ron is in for the long haul and would appreciate all leads for future advertisers because it does cost a PILE of $$$$ to keep this site the best it can be. No fears of charging because thats not what he wants but he does like to keep his wallet in his pocket. He has many other mouths to feed Sled,truck and his quad may need a little work after Mountains and Mud 5.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i dont know how he does it. this site works so well, so fast and so efficient.

and the thing is...there is very few adds....take a peak at snowest. ALL OVER THE PAGE on the sides folling the scroll bar there flashing everywhere. on here there is the odd one here and there.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Wow! reading some of the above makes me wonder. :( about what has gone on over there. I do go on there almost every day as well, not as much now.

Because of the Supporting Vendors here, we are able to pay for our servers each month, to keep the site around. This also helps us with upgrades, prizes for clubs and events. Im still in the Red but its coming around quite well with all the new supporting vendors coming on. Eventually we will be full as well as i do have a maximum allowed, and we will have to turn away as well. We appreciate there support, please click on there banners in return, and check them out, thats all I ask of you in return for the use of this site. There won't be a charge here.

And I do work hard in keeping the site hardware top of the line and state of the art. If its slow then somethings wrong. I had an issue about 3 months back at about 11pm mtn the site slowed down. That was when we ran daily backups and I contacted the web host who is awsome by the way. And we got a solution and fixed it. I will soon run into more problems in the future and we allready have the solution in place to look after that. Photo's take alot of room, and they fill up drives, we will eventually add a large photo server. Just to let you know we run of two dedicated servers located in Dallas, Texas. We have another semi-dedicated server for the Snowandmud tube located in Vancouver,BC. We have a maximum bandwidth of 3500gigs, right now we are only using 600 gigs. The servers are capable of over 4500 members online at one time with out hiccups. And when it gets there, we will expand again and quickly not over 5 months. I have quite a bit of bells and whistles added to this forum and dont have issues.

So we invite all the new members from all over North America and even overseas. I look at every new member every day that logs in and Im seeing alot from Alaska, Montana, Washington, Colorado, Minnesota, Idaho and many other states. And still getting alot from all over Canada.

Keep telling all your friends and we'll build a large community, and it will be 100% free, for all the members that is. Its a great place for Vendors to show there stuff, If you wish to support the site and have a banner, please email me at advertising@snowandmud.com we'll send you a advertising package with great rates.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks Ron! Let us know what we can do, I'm all for supporting whatever makes the site work, but I'd hate to see someone taking cash from their pocket when we are all able to contribute.......

Where do we make a donation to help out the site?

lexy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You are so right there Bogger. Ron has the best and wants the best of everything. Snow and Mud is right there also as one of his things he wants the best for. Advertisers are coming on board now faster than ever. It all is going good. As many may know Ron always upgrades whatever he can. To be on top of all the junk out there Ron gets the best programs and updates as soon as they come out on the market.
Ron is in for the long haul and would appreciate all leads for future advertisers because it does cost a PILE of $$$$ to keep this site the best it can be. No fears of charging because thats not what he wants but he does like to keep his wallet in his pocket. He has many other mouths to feed Sled,truck and his quad may need a little work after Mountains and Mud 5.

Thanks Ron...As a supporting Vendor this is one of the best bang for your buck on the advertising rate. Keep up the good work.:d:d:d

Rob1334

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll add my two cents on all this...

Yes, I have had my differences with people here as well on other sites, but if ya actually know me I am pretty civil and down to earth. Ya I still lurk here and help people from time to time, when I see someone needing help it is in my nature to lend a hand.

Ron, you run a good site here. I use to use it a lot more but the lack of my riding area's presence here leads me to spend time else where for most my forum hours. I know what it takes to keep one of these sites running smoothly, a lot of hours and a lot of money, and glad to see you are getting to the point your dream of a profitable and self-sustaining forum is going to pay off for ya.

Snowest on the other hand is where I have a problem. I volunteered as a mod to try and help the site, but soon saw what Chris was doing. I hung around and did my part while I was there, gave my HONEST feedback on all subjects even though it was not the answer he wanted to hear. He would never listen to me or any of my ideas even though I am fresh out of college with a masters in Business/marketing with a computer background (I spose his idea of using members builds on the forum in the magazine will be his idea too haha). I told him right away it was the code making the site slow not the servers, I think everyone knows now I was right--new servers and site is still slow! I did a lot of digging on who he was as well as his actions as the Admin there, and when I finally confronted him of his actions and real direction he deleted my PM's back and forth from him as well as removing me from his mod squad.

His goal from the start was taking over the forum and working alongside Harris to return some investment for using their name while he ran the forums his way, overhead going to B&C LL. I found letters of B&C owning the new snowestonline name in the Idaho public records (hence why it is not snowest anymore) as well as server information that he did not hide right away showing the site being hosted personally by him. As a mod I saw the list of paid advertisers on the site and looked at the amount they were paying under the website directory, trust me they make more than enough to run that site. A lot more details I found but won't get into, but if ya really wanna know it is a lot easier to explain face to face over a beer haha.

The concept of a paid forum doesn't erk me as much as the fact he is trying to make a personal profit off of what was already a self sustaining site that was there to give Snowest an honest name in the sledding community. The people make a forum popular not an admin and crew. They are the life blood that keeps information rolling, they buy products from sponsors who support the sites and in turn the advertisers keep the site afloat with their marketing money.

The total disrespect for those who built that place, the ignorance of management, as well as the lies that are spewed really has ruined that site. I give props to those such as Ron, BCR's crew, Dootalk, etc. etc. etc. for giving places for us to fuel our sport and feed our addiction. The forums that see it's users as an important roll in their venue will prosper from this, this site is one of them.

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just hope that snow and mud does not turn into the gong show that snowest turned into.
Hi, my name is Steve and I am an addict...lol

Thanks Ron

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
many upgrades have already been done, hence the extra $$$ out of pocket already. I like the idea of getting more advertisers but I know that most of us mods are already over taxed with a work load. would take all the outside help we could get in this department.

Be happy to help Barry ................ :beer::d:beer:

idajack

Reaction score
wow,
First off I've been here for a day. yep one day, and honestly I would gladly donate 5-10 dollars to support this site. DONATE not pay to use but simply donate to support a truly nice place with multinational comraderies supporting sledding.
however you tell me to pay and I expect you to be wearing knee pads at the least.
econdly, I found this place from references off of bcr, and I have to say that they have some of the virulent naysayers regarding snowest there.
with a little research you can easily see documents showing that Christopher has registered the forums under a business seperate from Harris pub and most likely owns it himself and expects to make a lving from it. I for one say screw that, I will not add to his income as I see his actins and to a degree those of Harris as stealing intellectual property of the users and then restricting it's access for profit as piracy in the high web.
anyway, I would be more than proud to "donate" to support a free discussion and will go down fighting before I pay under duress.

m8magic

Reaction score
Thanks Ron! Let us know what we can do, I'm all for supporting whatever makes the site work, but I'd hate to see someone taking cash from their pocket when we are all able to contribute.......

Where do we make a donation to help out the site?

stumbled across this looking for the beer and babes site...lol..i will donate if it comes to that..ok now back to my search..time on my hands since im banned from the "as the stomach turns"...ain't going back even after the ban..that site now is like a watermelon hitting the pavement at sixty miles an hour...even christopher has many alters going himself to back him up on his posts..

Dino

Reaction score
Ya $nobwest...I just emailed them last night to have me removed from there member list....that way they cant count me as a member on there site. Was a good site before christoper. I received lots of good info and in site and hopefully gave some back :cool: I thought about sticking it out there but it is just to aggravating. Dino

hilinerider

Reaction score
stumbled across this looking for the beer and babes site...lol..i will donate if it comes to that..ok now back to my search..time on my hands since im banned from the "as the stomach turns"...ain't going back even after the ban..that site now is like a watermelon hitting the pavement at sixty miles an hour...even christopher has many alters going himself to back him up on his posts..

if your lookin for beernbabes go to the 50riders forum, lots

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes, I know this is a great site. Everybody from all over is welcome and enjoy the site. Hey I sound like a mod "PLEASE" make me a mod, I won't charge alot. Just kidding, the more that join the more info we can get help on.What an addiction it is.....HMMMMM

burndown1

Reaction score
I just hope that snow and mud does not turn into the gong show that snowest turned into.
Hi, my name is Steve and I am an addict...lol

Thanks Ron

Hi, my name is Duane. I am an addict. Do mis the gong show. We will be back with more stuff. HaHaHa.

ice auger

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rob your response was right on...........I will say that some mods (NOT ROB) also got power hungry............sorry to put your name on the list ford.........I love this site and BCR and the mods here are AWESOME......keep up the good work and when snowest does explode and this site grows quickly and you need more mods please choose carefully......

SnowXTC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I have to admit, I paid. I held out, but when I could no longer receive or send PMs, I paid up. I do feel forced into it though. Unable to send or receive PMs, read posts, all that. I did pay for 3 years, but I expect the entire thing to fail long before 3 yrs goes by. I will write it off as a business expense and be done with it. Guess we won't be getting any refunds either. After reading this thread, I have absolutely no respect left for SW or Harris Publishing. I once warned Christopher not to go to the Spokane Show for his own health as I knew many were angry with him. Would I have hit him, NO. Then more went down and the answer would have been YES, but now I am just sad to say Goodbye to a place I have called home for almost 10 years. But it is time to move on to bigger and better things. I have learned a lot from SW and will happily pass that knowledge on here.

Ron, thank you for this site and for being upfront and honest. That is worth more than you will ever know.

Pam

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't think moderators are supposed to operate at a baseline of anger with spikes of rage...otherwise you would probably be a moderator by now.

wow who are you im pretty helpfull on this site. i have good rep and alot of thanks. sometimes it takes a high tone to get the point accross or emphassis on your position.

if this site was all rainbows and butterflys nothing would get done.

same goes for everything.

some times taking the other side of the story creates new ideas

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wow who are you im pretty helpfull on this site. i have good rep and alot of thanks. sometimes it takes a high tone to get the point accross or emphassis on your position.

if this site was all rainbows and butterflys nothing would get done.

same goes for everything.

some times taking the other side of the story creates new ideas

Don't worry Maxwell - I didn't understand his comment either. I've never seen this angry side of you - do you turn green and is your real name secretly "Bruce Banner"? LOL

Top Bottom