SW goes PAY! Better Make Some Room Here!

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
Just received a PM from the one and only over at SW and they say that the free memberships will *slowly* start changing to the new format. By time I read the PM, and went to check some posts I had, I was locked out of all of them...

I can hear them knockin at the door already, better set out some more chairs! :beer::beer:

S

stripe

hahahaha this is all you can see over there

You have reached the limit of your Free Basic Member reading privileges. To continue reading this thread, please upgrade to Premium Member status.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well although this site is awesome. snowest was a valuable resource. its to bad.

however i hope we dont just get bad apples over there coming here.

there is alot of knowleagable members there. hope to see them here

sledidiot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
glad they did something to get rid of the trolls and jackazzes, been a pleasure lately reading the threads. i paid my dime to play, whats the cost of 3 beers for 3 years. lol

RETODD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.valemountvacationrental.com
Dear SnoWest Member:

As you may recall, on November 11th, Harris Publishing, owner of SnoWest Magazine and the SnoWest Forums issued a letter outlining their future plans for the SnoWest Forums (Letter to all member from Harris Publishing (SNOWEST FORUMS: Letter to all Members from Harris Publishing - SnoWest Forum)). A major part of those plans was the introduction of a "Paid Premium Membership" category. At the time that letter was issued there was no solid date to begin the new paid membership status, rather they laid out a series of goals that they wanted to accomplish before that would happen. When those goals were met, they would begin the introduction of paid memberships.

On February 1st, we quietly added a link to all member's menus that took them to a new page where they could sign up to become a premium member. On the black menu bar that goes across your screen is a link, at the far left that says *USER-CP*, when you click on that link a small list will appear, the top of which says *UPGRADE TO PREMIUM*. We did this quietly because we wanted to have time to test and debug the system before thousands of members upgraded all at once. During the last week a few hundred members have gone through the system and allowed us the time we needed to get the bugs worked out. We are now announcing this option to all SnoWest members and encouraging you to take advantage of it.

*What will you see when you upgrade?*
Those who do choose to upgrade to the Premium membership will see a few differences right away though..

1. Your User Name font will change to *BOLD ITALIC BLUE.
* (you have probably already noticed other SnoWest members with this) 2. Your User Title will change to "*Paid Premium Member*".

3. You will be able to read all public Social Forums without being a member of them.

4. The controls for using the Chat Box will offer more options.

5. You will now be able to Open & Close your own threads without a moderator.

6. You will be able to tag other's threads.

7. Your ability to upload pictures directly to posts will increase to (*1024x768*).

8. You will be able to increase your Avatar to (*150x150*) instead of 100x100.

9. Your Signature block will now allow you to include an Image.

10. A new option will appear that allows you to chose to hide your user reputation from others.

11. Your personal Photo Album size will increase to (*1280x1024*).

12. You will have increased control over your participation in Social Groups.

13. You will see a new private forum that contains your digital subscription to SnoWest Magazine.

14. Your paid membership also entitles you to several new features in the new Classifieds section that will allow you to make your ads stand out from all the others...

*What happens if I don't upgrade?*
Commencing this week we will begin the gradual process of bringing the " Free Basic Member" accounts into line with the features that were listed in the Letter to all SnoWest Members from Harris Publishing. (SNOWEST FORUMS: Letter to all Members from Harris Publishing - SnoWest Forum) This will be a gradual process and will not happen all at once on any one given day. Nevertheless, those SnoWest members who choose not to participate in the "Premium Paid Member" option will see changes to their accounts on a daily/weekly basis throughout the month of February as those account's features are slowly modified.

*What should I do now?*
Regardless of your decision to upgrade right now to the "*Paid Premium Member" * status or to remain as a "Free Basic Member" for a while longer, we strongly encourage you to go and make yourself familiar with the Premium Upgrade page so you will be fully informed about what we are offering. When you are finished reading this post, please scroll to the top, locate the black menu bar, click on *USER-CP* and then select *UPGRADE TO PREMIUM* and review the material that is listed there. On those pages everything will be clearly shown to you with all of the available options listed out in detail.

*What have members been choosing so far?*
Among the members who have already upgraded to Paid Premium Membership we have seen the following.

*17%* choose the 1 year membership at 50% off

*7%* choose the 2 year membership at 58% off
76%* choose the* 3 year membership *at* 66% off *

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
*What will you see when you upgrade?*
Those who do choose to upgrade to the Premium membership will see a few differences right away though..

1. Your User Name font will change to *BOLD ITALIC BLUE.
* (you have probably already noticed other SnoWest members with this) 2. Your User Title will change to "*Paid Premium Member*".

LMAO are you f^&*&*( kidding me??? wow - they'll give us a blue name. :rolleyes:

10. A new option will appear that allows you to chose to hide your user reputation from others.*

Dumbest upgrade I have ever heard of. The rip off artists probably requested this option.

8. You will be able to increase your Avatar to (*150x150*) instead of 100x100

9. Your Signature block will now allow you to include an Image.

11. Your personal Photo Album size will increase to (*1280x1024*).

oh goody, a bigger avatar and pictures in my sig block....sounds like a great use of bandwidth and server power. Now all the users can have a 1/2 page long signature block... Definitely something that I would have cared about (and paid for) in an urban hip hop dance forum, but stupid upgrade in a SNOWMOBILE forum IMO....does it make the site run faster? LOL - Idiots.

5. You will now be able to Open & Close your own threads without a moderator.

LOL - They are going to babysit everyone who is not a "club card member"? That's shouldn't take too much manppower.... :rolleyes:

14. Your paid membership also entitles you to several new features in the new Classifieds section that will allow you to make your ads stand out from all the others...

Uhhhh - if everyone else has the same "features" to make their ads stand out...then is your ad really going to "stand out" as much as they want you to believe? You're unique - just like everyone else..... LOL

People paid for these "upgrades"??? Where's the part about how its going to make the site any faster and that the user's $$$ is going to new "thread police" to keep the keyboard phuckwads off the site. They must have missed that part.:rolleyes: Cash grab by Harris is all I see and Christopher pushing them all the way to the bank. All I see is a bunch of crappy board upgrades that are surficial in nature at best. Kinda like putting perfume on a pig.

Snow&Mud all the way.

Red Mtn Riders

Reaction score
glad they did something to get rid of the trolls and jackazzes, been a pleasure lately reading the threads. i paid my dime to play, whats the cost of 3 beers for 3 years. lol

Seems to me the trolls and jackazzes now are running the place over there:eek:

I honestly can not fathom where people think it is OK to pay to help others. All you have done is line someones pockets, someone that doesn't provide you anything tangible. The new content over there is going to go into the crapper very quickly now. The only good left will be in the archives, and I predict traffic will come to a sudden halt very soon.

Hope you get your beers worth:):beer:

smokindave

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your gonna continue the modding over there Dave?

Yes I don't think I will stop yet?It does bring me down though seeing so many angry people.
Both of these sites are where I spend my time and well I am a creature of habit.
It is real sad though having friends leave,so angry...but when things are good I really enjoy it,hmmmm,confused, and at a loss of words!:(

Top Bottom