Suspension sag after installing 2 wheel kit

Dhuey92

Reaction score
I recently put a 2 wheel kit on my 2006 summit 159" I took the skid out to put the kit on, when i put the skid back in my suspenion sagged big time. I put new springs in last year and it wasnt sagging at all prior to putting on the 2 wheel kit. The new wheels are also 1" bigger then the stock ones.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I recently put a 2 wheel kit on my 2006 summit 159" I took the skid out to put the kit on, when i put the skid back in my suspenion sagged big time. I put new springs in last year and it wasnt sagging at all prior to putting on the 2 wheel kit. The new wheels are also 1" bigger then the stock ones.

The 2 wheel kit and suspension sag is unrelated. If you put in 4 wheels the sled wouldn't know the difference.

I am struggling with the idea that the 1" bigger wheels would alter the geometry either. You are simply reducing the overalll length of the track as the bigger wheels take up more of the adjustment.

I don't know why you would have taken the skid out to simply put a 2 wheel kit. It sounds as though you put something back together wrong. Are the springs sitting on top of the adjusters properly? Did you turn down the spring adjusters during the process?

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did the skid go back in the original mounting holes or did you move it forward for the extra inch?

Dhuey92

Reaction score
The skid when back into the mounts just the way i found them. I think it changed the geometry of the skid. When the sled is sitting flat on the ground it sags down about 50% of the suspension travel, but if I put dolleys under the track under the inside idler wheels near the center of the skid the sag is gone. Is there a way to adjust the way the track sits front to back wise? I think the extra 1" from the new wheels is preventing the track from sitting flat like it used too

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pull the two wheels out. Put the stock wheels in. You can simply use the two outter wheels.

You don't have to remove the skid to do this.

Should take 15 mins.

Does the sag go away?

Sent from my HTC-Z710a using Tapatalk 2

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you just used the stock mounting holes for the axle and simply threw bigger wheels in there, then you have esentially lifted the skid up 1/2" as now the wheels are the lowest point in the skid. Whether this changes the geometry or not I don't know 100% but I would do what takethebounce suggested and throw the stock wheels in there and see what happens.

Top Bottom